To all the former scammers, hackers, con artists, etc. What is your story?

Shakur

This goes for Runescape hackers, lurers, scammers (this can be market related or in-game related), and con artists in general. Why do you do what you do? If you're done with your bad habits, why did you stop? I am curious about what you guys think about this.

I have scammed, lured, hacked, basically have done it all. I first started scamming when I was younger simply because I was greedy and I didn't even sell GP. This was around the time of 11-13 where I wanted as much gold as possible and I was addicted to RuneScape. I wasn't a master con artist so I resorted to scamming f2p noobs with zamorak sets and tricking them into giving me their passwords or trading over their items. All of this was pretty basic and I never netted anything crazy from it. I lured for years in RuneScape, most recently in a weekend during the middle of 2014 with the candle lure (you'd be surprised how much money this can net) and made around 30M in 1-2 days messing around doing it by myself. It's weird because I would NEVER take/rob a person and take real money but I don't feel the same way about GP. I livestreamed some stakes a year and a half ago and scammed a guy 500k gold just to see if I could do it, not because of greed. I laughed it off and intended on giving the guy the money back but was ddosed by someone who didn't appreciate my shadiness. The only time I ever hacked was experimenting with ratting in the beginning of 07RS but it quickly ended as I felt bad for the type of people I would hack.

My craziest story comes from around 2010-2011 where I would go around in World 1 where the partyhat wearers were and begged and told them I was 1M off Dragon Claws. A rich guy comes up to me and trades me. Desperate to get money, I trade him and he puts up a 92M cashstack and trades it. I click accept as fast as I can and I go into shock as it comes into my inventory. I freak out as he PMs me for his money back as it was a mistake but he didn't get it back as I was a young kid and greedy. I literally ran around my neighborhood, traded over the money to another account in fear I would get banned, and lost it in a week pking with crazy gear.

Although I might consider luring again to get money for my internet bill I need to pay, I would never scam, or hack again although I can understand the rush it brings. Either way, it doesn't make you less of a scumbag for doing it and I have learned a lot through my experiences.

Edited by Shakur

My biggest "scam" was probably in High School. About 5 years ago, me and my friend shared this account that I pretty much raised myself, but he paid for membership for me on my other account to train it. I ended up changing the password and selling it to another friend from RS for like 100m because it was almost maxed at the time, and then my friend ended up recovering it although he didn't really play. Other than that I've done small scams over the years for amounts of 30k up to about 2mil. The guy I shared the account with ended up pulling off a 600m scam because we were ranked in Tehnoobshow's clan chat, so it was easier to be trusted by all the wannabes in there lmao. 

They made a video about it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment :/  If I find it, I'll post it on here :P

This goes for Runescape hackers, lurers, scammers (this can be market related or in-game related), and con artists in general. Why do you do what you do? If you're done with your bad habits, why did you stop? I am curious about what you guys think about this.

I have scammed, lured, hacked, basically have done it all. I first started scamming when I was younger simply because I was greedy and I didn't even sell GP. This was around the time of 11-13 where I wanted as much gold as possible and I was addicted to RuneScape. I wasn't a master con artist so I resorted to scamming f2p noobs with zamorak sets and tricking them into giving me their passwords or trading over their items. All of this was pretty basic and I never netted anything crazy from it. I lured for years in RuneScape, most recently in a weekend during the middle of 2014 with the candle lure (you'd be surprised how much money this can net) and made around 30M in 1-2 days messing around doing it by myself. It's weird because I would NEVER take/rob a person and take real money but I don't feel the same way about GP. I livestreamed some stakes a year and a half ago and scammed a guy 500k gold just to see if I could do it, not because of greed. I laughed it off and intended on giving the guy the money back but was ddosed by someone who didn't appreciate my shadiness. The only time I ever hacked was experimenting with ratting in the beginning of 07RS but it quickly ended as I felt bad for the type of people I would hack.

My craziest story comes from around 2010-2011 where I would go around in World 1 where the partyhat wearers were and begged and told them I was 1M off Dragon Claws. A rich guy comes up to me and trades me. Desperate to get money, I trade him and he puts up a 92M cashstack and trades it. I click accept as fast as I can and I go into shock as it comes into my inventory. I freak out as he PMs me for his money back as it was a mistake but he didn't get it back as I was a young kid and greedy. I literally ran around my neighborhood, traded over the money to another account in fear I would get banned, and lost it in a week pking with crazy gear.

Although I might consider luring again to get money for my internet bill I need to pay, I would never scam, or hack again although I can understand the rush it brings. Either way, it doesn't make you less of a scumbag for doing it and I have learned a lot through my experiences.

My biggest "scam" was probably in High School. About 5 years ago, me and my friend shared this account that I pretty much raised myself, but he paid for membership for me on my other account to train it. I ended up changing the password and selling it to another friend from RS for like 100m because it was almost maxed at the time, and then my friend ended up recovering it although he didn't really play. Other than that I've done small scams over the years for amounts of 30k up to about 2mil. The guy I shared the account with ended up pulling off a 600m scam because we were ranked in Tehnoobshow's clan chat, so it was easier to be trusted by all the wannabes in there lmao. 

They made a video about it, but I can't seem to find it at the moment :/  If I find it, I'll post it on here tongue.png

10/10 good reads will read again.

• Like 2

I used to go in teen chats and act like a girl saying that I wanted to talk to an older man and gave out my skype.
I had tons of fake pics saved and profiles set up. Even had multiple accounts set up to do a conference chat.

Anyways, 100's of request later I'd narrow it down to the real desperate ones and talk to them for an hour or so and act frustrated that I can't play my favorite game and that I need someone to help me. So then we'd work out a you help me and I help you out type of situation.

After they bought me membership I'd explain how it was all a scam and if they tried to chargeback I'd call the cops and show them the chat logs. I'd say is 8$ worth going to jail? Most of them removed/blocked me after I sent them a pic of me holding up a sign saying "U mad bro?"

Yeah I was a cunt but honestly those pedophiles don't really deserve any sympathy. 
Side note the amount of dried up old man dick I had to see was awful. In the end.. Not worth it lol..

Edited by Fused

I used to go in teen chats and act like a girl saying that I wanted to talk to an older man and gave out my skype.

I had tons of fake pics saved and profiles set up. Even had multiple accounts set up to do a conference chat.

Anyways, 100's of request later I'd narrow it down to the real desperate ones and talk to them for an hour or so and act frustrated that I can't play my favorite game and that I need someone to help me. So then we'd work out a you help me and I help you out type of situation.

After they bought me membership I'd explain how it was all a scam and if they tried to chargeback I'd call the cops and show them the chat logs. I'd say is 8$ worth going to jail? Most of them removed/blocked me after I sent them a pic of me holding up a sign saying "U mad bro?"

Yeah I was a cunt but honestly those pedophiles don't really deserve any sympathy. 

Side note the amount of dried up old man dick I had to see was awful. In the end.. Not worth it lol..

E-whoring, I totally forgot about that. I made $10 off that and said fuck it not worth my time talking to pedophiles, it really opened my eyes to how fucked up some people are and how it's literally a click away on the internet.

10/10 will read again. 

back in what I think must have been runescape classic days I used to get people to change their password to fullrune and log off for 10 minutes... So many people feel for that shit. Then I stepped it up a gear and made an angelfire site about how to hack runescape which gacve a step by step guide (all total bs) on how to get 100M GP through a glitch, that only worked once but when it did I got more stuyff than all the fullrune scams combined.

Why did I stop? I learnt about morals I guess.

I used to obby cape scam back in the day. I heavily regret this decision now and would never do any of that again. Like you I was young and foolish at the time. As I've grown, so have my morals and now I'm just looking to enjoy the game. Yeah I bot, but not at the expense of others. If it did harm others I wouldn't do it. Thanks for sharing your story!