My logic looks correct but it doesn't work propperly.

CyberFish

Ok for my first script i wanted to attempt a simple lumbridge fishing bot that would net shrimps and anchovies. At the start of the code i thought i better off define where my player is, because if he isn't at the swamp then hes not going to be able to interact with the Fishing spots. I identified two areas one was Lumbridge Castle and the other was the fishing spot and used this code as testing.

public int onLoop() {

if (!LumbridgeSwamp.Area_1.contains(myPosition())) {
                        log("Not At Swamp");
                        {
                                if (!LumbridgeCastle.Area.contains(myPosition())) {
                                        log("Not At Castle");
                                        //TELEPORT HOME
                                        localWalker.walkPath(LumbridgeSwamp.Path_1);
                                }
                                 else if (!LumbridgeSwamp.Area_1.contains(myPosition())) {
                                        log("Im at the Swamp");
                                        //begin fishing code here
                                }
                        }
                }
                return random(200, 800); // The amount of time in milliseconds before
                                                                        // the loop starts over
        }

Please can someone explain to me how areas are used, and also why he walks the path and then when he has arrived he keeps walking there when i would tell it to start fishing.

Thanks

CybeFish

log("Im at the Swamp");
                                }

this part is redundant, since not being in that area is a condition for entering the outer if-statement in the first place. Did you perhaps misplace that exclamation mark?

Also you have an empty block (no conditions, pointless?).. as shown here:

public int onLoop() {

log("Not At Swamp");
                        { <--- start empty block
                                        log("Not At Castle");
                                        //TELEPORT HOME
                                }
                                        log("Im at the Swamp");
                                }
                        } <--- end empty block
                }
                                                                        // the loop starts over
        }
Edited by FrostBug

Ok for my first script i wanted to attempt a simple lumbridge fishing bot that would net shrimps and anchovies. At the start of the code i thought i better off define where my player is, because if he isn't at the swamp then hes not going to be able to interact with the Fishing spots. I identified two areas one was Lumbridge Castle and the other was the fishing spot and used this code as testing.

public int onLoop() {

log("Not At Swamp");
                        {
                                        log("Not At Castle");
                                        //TELEPORT HOME
                                }
                                        log("Im at the Swamp");
                                }
                        }
                }
                                                                        // the loop starts over
        }

Please can someone explain to me how areas are used, and also why he walks the path and then when he has arrived he keeps walking there when i would tell it to start fishing.

Thanks

CybeFish

So first of all you duplicated the two red lines. I believe you didnt mean to put ! on the second one. 

Second of all you added in random { } the cyan ones. 

Areas are exactly what you expect. You have an area of positions, and you check if your position of one of those positions in the area. Your logic is flawed. Try to fix your code and then follow through it in your head thinking what will happen, vs what you wanted to happen. 

log("Im at the Swamp");
                                }

this part is redundant, since not being in that area is a condition for entering the outer if-statement

Also you have an empty block (no conditions, pointless?).. as shown here:

public int onLoop() {

log("Not At Swamp");
                        { <--- start empty block
                                        log("Not At Castle");
                                        //TELEPORT HOME
                                }
                                        log("Im at the Swamp");
                                }
                        } <--- end empty block
                }
                                                                        // the loop starts over
        }

Edit: loool you beat me to it. I basically said the same exact things. xD

Edited by Mysteryy