[Rant/Request] SDN Managers

LeBron

Can we get someone else also managing the SDN? A few weeks ago it was just Alek doing this, it was slow, scripts took one week to be added and updates took at least 24h. I don't blame you, you probably have a real life with other obligations and it's a lot of work for one guy. Then Divinity came along and it was all sunshine and and honey! Scripts were pushed within a day and updates within the hour, but nothing lasts eh?

I'm guessing when Divinity came along, Alek laid back a bit and now Divinity is busy (Im guessing) with other stuff and it's even taking longer than before for tiny little updates that bring down scripts unless they're pushed. I'm not sure if any of these two dudes are being paid for their services, if they are - they need to step up, if not, well then it's understandable that this isn't their priority.

I just think it's really annoying having to wait a week for a new script, days for a single update, after all, we're paying you by the month and that time doesn't stop ticking because a script is down.

tl;dr Can we get another SDN manager / ALEK&DIVINITY PLS STEP UP.

:mald: please no warning points, freedom of speech/text/writing

• Like 1

Can we get someone else also managing the SDN? A few weeks ago it was just Alek doing this, it was slow, scripts took one week to be added and updates took at least 24h. I don't blame you, you probably have a real life with other obligations and it's a lot of work for one guy. Then Divinity came along and it was all sunshine and and honey! Scripts were pushed within a day and updates within the hour, but nothing lasts eh?

I'm guessing when Divinity came along, Alek laid back a bit and now Divinity is busy (Im guessing) with other stuff and it's even taking longer than before for tiny little updates that bring down scripts unless they're pushed. I'm not sure if any of these two dudes are being paid for their services, if they are - they need to step up, if not, well then it's understandable that this isn't their priority.

I just think it's really annoying having to wait a week for a new script, days for a single update, after all, we're paying you by the month and that time doesn't stop ticking because a script is down.

mald.png please no warning points, freedom of speech/text/writing

please no huh.png

Adding new script isnt as easy as pushing updates. Which is why it is not a quick process.

Edited by josedpay

mald.png please no warning points, freedom of speech/text/writing

You know this time of year is busy for exams right? I know Divinity is currently very busy with exams and coursework and i don't blame him for making that priority as OSBot isn't his main priority. Also, i remember hearing that SDN managers get paid very little if not anything (please correct me on this). Divinity will always be trying his best to keep up, but this time of the year is busy for everyone in education. So cut him some slack.

tl;dr Eduaction is more important than OSBot.

• Like 4

please no huh.png

Adding new script isnt as easy as pushing updates. Which is why it is not a quick process.

Please no? You want your updates to take days rather than hours? :s And yeah, I'm not that stupid. :P

You know this time of year is busy for exams right? I know Divinity is currently very busy with exams and coursework and i don't blame him for making that priority as OSBot isn't his main priority. Also, i remember hearing that SDN managers get paid very little if not anything (please correct me on this). Divinity will always be trying his best to keep up, but this time of the year is busy for everyone in education. So cut him some slack.

No, I don't keep track on when other countries have exams and such but that's why i said something must've popped up and this is why it'd be good to have more SDN Managers or maybe a temporary one. 

Please no? You want your updates to take days rather than hours? :s And yeah, I'm not that stupid. tongue.png

No, I don't keep track on when other countries have exams and such but that's why i said something must've popped up and this is why it'd be good to have more SDN Managers or maybe a temporary one. 

if you're going to complain like you have, at least have a solution like who is trustworthy and smart enough to under-take this role?

• Like 2

if you're going to complain like you have, at least have a solution like who is trustworthy and smart enough to under-take this role?

forreal.

op reason why i said just no was: 

im on the same boat. Plus divinity does a great job at what he does.

• Like 1

@Precise, Khaleesi. He has shown tremendous dedication and his scripting knowledge is top tier, as you already know. I don't care why Divinity doesn't do it - the point is that the job DOESNT get done, this is why we need someone else too.  Real-Life stuff always comes up this is why we need more than two people carrying this burder, it's probably stressful on them too.

@Precise, Khaleesi. He has shown tremendous dedication and his scripting knowledge is top tier, as you already know. I don't care why Divinity doesn't do it - the point is that the job DOESNT get done, this is why we need someone else too.  Real-Life stuff always comes up this is why we need more than two people carrying this burder, it's probably stressful on them too.

There are also the trust, responsibility and activity factors.

I'm not saying Khal isn't qualified, but he hasn't gone through the months of staff testing like divinity did.

You really do need this role to be fulfilled by someone who is 1000000% trusted, for the sake of your own protection.

All it takes is one greedy / corrupt SDN manager to destroy OSB forever.

Also there's the financial aspect, is there even money for another SDN manager?

I understand your frustration though, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea to train a junior manager for the future, but you can't just expect them to hire someone out of the blue.

• Like 2

That would be a conflict of interest.

be96178061.png