Ban rates/theory

nesquik

I am honestly completely convinced the time you play has nearly nothing to do with getting banned.

I have tested my theories so much lately and I still have ALL my accounts unbanned.

I have 2 mages bots doing their script 24/7 and nothing.. 

I have my main doing combat 24/7 and still nothing. 

I have been botting my 2 alt bots doing 24/7 for the last 2 weeks, fresh accounts.

I'm not saying this is how jagex does anything, I have constantly seen people say don't bot for to long blah blah blah, but I honestly believe jagex doesn't give 2 shit about play time.

You go to top played time in month and look at the players, they play legit (streamers,skill farmers) They are playing more then any bot..

IMO Jagex does bot hunting of location, most botted spots and then start stalking peoples actions using different algorithms to find who's human and who's bot 

Someone give her a test, go to a completely weird location and set up a bot and see how long you last.

No mirror clients have been used while testing this..

• Like 1

Yup. It's all about where you are and who's around. I've had people run up around my bots, speak and leave.  Who knows if they reported me or not.  I'm sure if your account is flagged via a report or strange activity (Like a bot logging in and out constantly [which just happened to me...]) then Jagex will monitor you more closely, possibly checking for more flags.

Speaking from personal experience, I've found quite a few locations tucked around Runescape that are PERFECT for botting. The way I see it is you should either be out of the fucking way of everyone or you should hide in plain sight.

A friend of mine showed me a spot years ago that he got 99 str at. NO one was ever there (pre-eoc, not osrs) and it was a great spot to train. I ended up getting 99 attack and 99 defense there NO ban.

There are loads of factors that go into whether or not they ban you. I'd even go far as saying they give certain bots special treatment.  I was watching a Q&A stream with Jagex the other day and they said something very peculiar.  They were talking about gold farming I think, but one of the mods stated that they would monitor the account and watch "what the person was doing with the gold they received, whether or not it was being resold or going into the economy". 

This leads me to believe that as long as you're an active member of the community, they may have lenience to botting these days. Gold Farmers and 24/7 bots? maybe not so much. But do a quest or two, get in a clan, PLAY THE GAME, and you won't be banned.  

Most common reasons for a ban I see:

24/7 botting

botting ONE skill for too long of a time

not actually playing the game (quests, minigames, trails)

• Like 1

I am honestly completely convinced the time you play has nearly nothing to do with getting banned.

I have tested my theories so much lately and I still have ALL my accounts unbanned.

I have 2 mages bots doing their script 24/7 and nothing.. 

I have my main doing combat 24/7 and still nothing. 

I have been botting my 2 alt bots doing 24/7 for the last 2 weeks, fresh accounts.

I'm not saying this is how jagex does anything, I have constantly seen people say don't bot for to long blah blah blah, but I honestly believe jagex doesn't give 2 shit about play time.

You go to top played time in month and look at the players, they play legit (streamers,skill farmers) They are playing more then any bot..

IMO Jagex does bot hunting of location, most botted spots and then start stalking peoples actions using different algorithms to find who's human and who's bot 

Someone give her a test, go to a completely weird location and set up a bot and see how long you last.

No mirror clients have been used while testing this..

I totally agree. Last year I botted my pure to 99range magic str wc fm fletching 24/7, got banned while botting hunter:(

Therefore, antiban & pauses are fairy tales!

It is completely luck, tho my f2p botting accounts keep getting banned, so i might have a flagged IP:(

p.s.: i also received 3bans for barbarian fishing which has nothing to do with money farming.... i am prone to think that my IP IS flagged.

Any tips how to avoid bans due being flagged?:)

Edited by gearing

If you do the same thing for hours and hours its obviously going to look fishy... But if you split it up... Do a bit of cook... Fishing... a bit of strength training.. This is how I've botted for years and never been banned.. Also going pking, Socializing with players around you. Since you're babysitting bots you may as-well join a CC and have a bit of banter.. 

Put yourself in jagex's shoes what are you looking out for to pinpoint a bot..

Edited by Pommy
  • Like 1

If you do the same thing for hours and hours its obviously going to look fishy... But if you split it up... Do a bit of cook... Fishing... a bit of strength training.. This is how I've botted for years and never been banned.. Also going pking, Socializing with players around you. Since you're babysitting bots you may as-well join a CC and have a bit of banter.. 

Put yourself in jagex's shoes what are you looking out for to pinpoint a bot..

This makes sense and it doesn't, if you're saying it would look fishy to jagex this would be implying that jagex is singling out accounts which do 1 skill for to long. 

I don't believe jagex can/would do this for a couple of reasons.

1. There would be thousands upon thousands of people actually doing the 1 skill all day.

2. They would need something to actually see what each player has been doing all day then break that down and look for fishy behavior

Every day hundreds if not thousands of gold farming accounts are made sticking to the 1 skill. I don't believe this is a problem either

The same with people setting breaks, whats the difference from botting for 10 hours and having 30 minutes break then botting for 11 hours with no break?

If you want to look life like, bot for 5-8 hours (I bot for more) then have an 8 hour break (sleep)

• Like 1

Precisely.

Botting for 10 hours with small 30 minute breaks to me looks MORE suspicious than just botting for 10 hours straight and logging off for 8 hours.

The best advice I believe anyone can receive is just don't be greedy.

Say you're going for 99 fletching and ohhh man you've been botting for 28 hours straight and you're only 100k XP AWAY!!!!!

fucking go to bed. Log off and go do something. Then in a bit, log in and grind that 100k yourself with people watching (a little 99 party).

I'm sure Jagex has a sort of "turn the other way" attitude towards players who they definitely know bot. I mean they condone AFKing now...

The thing is OSRS is HUGELY made up of older people who really cannot be fcked to train for 2 years to get a maxed account.  Our generation would rather bot that dumb shit and THEN play the game...But Jagex understands this I believe. They just dont want you overcrowding their game and ruining it for those who simply aren't smart enough to bot.

Logically, if you bot for more time, you are giving them more data to analyze and repetition sets in if you are only doing 1 task. Also, if you are at a hotspot for a longer period of time that increases the chance of you getting reported and/or bot-busted. But I know what you mean- I don't think they really take a look at total daily play-time as a factor in determining whether or not a player has used a bot. It's the consequences of botting for long periods of time that matter, not the fact of how long you are botting.