Question about objects belonging to players

BloodRush20

Simply hunting is the idea here. I have a trap and it seems many traps share the same ids so simply getting the idea will have you trying to pick up others kills. I need to get my closest object that is my own trap. I understand programming done it for a while but I see nothing in the API to do this or I'm onlooking to hard and missed it. I do notice there is a debug for object info so i knows its possible. Any point in the right direction would be great!

Thanks in advance.

Simply hunting is the idea here. I have a trap and it seems many traps share the same ids so simply getting the idea will have you trying to pick up others kills. I need to get my closest object that is my own trap. I understand programming done it for a while but I see nothing in the API to do this or I'm onlooking to hard and missed it. I do notice there is a debug for object info so i knows its possible. Any point in the right direction would be great!

Thanks in advance.

I thought it didnt show details for other users traps?

I thought it didnt show details for other users traps?

Actually it does I tried using a simple detection of traps. Thinking that each item bird snares and boxes all had different ids when set, broken , ect but I was wrong it would work great til a user was trying to catch chins near me and kept freaking out trying to run to his traps. So I thought obviously I could fix this making the closest trap picked up but this is still a bandaid over a gash. If you and I are hunting birds in the same area it would try to pick up yours so the closest needs filtered by the player it belongs to and in debugging the info will show traps by users name I just need to find the filtering option for that but I can't seem too

Why not record which traps you set, then only get traps that were set on that position?

That would be a great alternative I was just also wondering if you cant filter items like this in the future by this simply this would save me a load of coding grabbing and checking that the position brings.(not a load but yea)