Buying new laptop. Post suggestions here!

AresScripts

If you can manage to bump it up to 1000, (the price may be lower now, not sure) The Lenovo y510 Ideapad is what I'm currently using. It's a bit luxurious I guess, I play any game @ above 60fps, CS:GO @ 260fps. Runescape @ 60+FPS.

It's a great laptop, definitely recommend it. smile.png

Thats a little too high of price :Sarcastic: i dont need all those specs!

• Developer

If you can manage to bump it up to 1000, (the price may be lower now, not sure) The Lenovo y510 Ideapad is what I'm currently using. It's a bit luxurious I guess, I play any game @ above 60fps, CS:GO @ 260fps. Runescape @ 60+FPS.

It's a great laptop, definitely recommend it. smile.png

RS is capped at 50 FPS.
  • Like 2

I'm a bit of a Lenovo fanboy for their sleek miniscule designs and budget builds, so I'm just going to be posting Lenovo laptops. 

If you don't care about screen resolution, the Y40 is an extremely strong option for such a cheap price.  (Get this if you're going to be processing a lot of information. or something like rendering a video.)

The Y40 Specs at a glance are

• 14" Screen
  • i7 processor (Really unrequired if you ask me)
  • R9 M275 (A complete powerhouse and a truck for a laptop)
  • 8GB RAM
  • 5400 RPM HDD (You might want to consider replacing this)

If you want a big resolution and couldn't care too much about performance, the Z70 is a 17" laptop with pretty good specs for the price it is.  (I'd reccomend this over the Y40 if you don't care too much about gaming and/or doing more than 3 tasks at most. This is the laptop I use to code on the go and has been working amazing me for the past year. I do get a couple of lag spikes when running around 10~ tasks at once, but that's to be expected.)

The Z70 Specs at a glance are

• 17" Screen
  • i5 processor (For what you're doing, this is all you're really going to need)
  • Intel HD 5500 (I found this to be useful for watching at 1080p with no visual loss. No pixels had to be cut either, so I could watch HD flawlessly.)
  • 5400 RPM HDD (Again, you might want to replace this.)
  • 8GB RAM
Edited by Shaymin

I'm a bit of a Lenovo fanboy for their sleek miniscule designs and budget builds, so I'm just going to be posting Lenovo laptops. 

If you don't care about screen resolution, the Y40 is an extremely strong option for such a cheap price.  (Get this if you're going to be processing a lot of information. or something like rendering a video.)

If you want a big resolution and couldn't care too much about performance, the Z70 is a 17" laptop with pretty good specs for the price it is.  (I'd reccomend this over the Y40 if you don't care too much about gaming and/or doing more than 3 tasks at most. This is the laptop I use to code on the go and has been working amazing me for the past year. I do get a couple of lag spikes when running around 10~ tasks at once, but that's to be expected.)

Thanks! ill compare the two

I would recommend something akin to:

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-900X3B-A02-13-3-Inch-Laptop-Mineral/dp/B007PV9WY2/ref=sr_1_478?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1426973570&sr=1-478&keywords=laptop

Onboard video (more than capable for your usage), in fact it's better than a dedicated card as it's more efficient.

1600x900 PLS display (a good panel)

1.6GHz i5, again more than capable for your intended usage.

Also has a 128GB SSD, particularly nice imo for seamless work processing and the like.

if you really want just a TERRIFIC DEAL, go ahead and spend like 2,500 monies on a macbook! it's great you see with a mac you get half the ram and storage! plus you get shitty Macintosh basic customization and you can play HALF THE GAMES! (that means you'll be spending half the money on games because the other half, you cant even run!) You also get to skip windows 8, wow what a deal who wants to customize their computers anyway we all know customization is for nazi's and narcissistic pedophiles 

macs: 9/11

everything else: Mald/Potato 

• Like 1