Banning Insight (Consistently Updated!)

Cruel

3/17

So we have all experienced the banhammer very much as of late and I would just like to share my personal experiences here to help everyone out. To do so I conducted a mini experiment:

I've recently been using the Lazy Assistant Script by Project Pat (Great Product). I made 2 accounts use it via injection and one via mirror. Then I wced all the accounts for 8 hours in Mirror Mode. Today the two accounts that I used with the injection client with Lazy Assistant this morning were banned, While the one fully used in mirror mode is still chopping away.

Conclusion:

From this I've resolved that Jagex can go back and check if your account has used the injection method, regardless of how many days ago it was. I can also safely assume they have some sort of program that scans their player database for injection and *poof*... they nail the banhammer into your precious account. This also explains how they can forgo an appeals process on these accounts as well, because they have the hard evidence showing that some external program has altered their game.

I will continue to post updates on accounts etc if evidence begins to show me differently, but my recommendation is that injection is dead. So use only mirror mode. Otherwise your account is a short-living ticking time bomb. Happy botting guys!

3/18

Alright so some new information. I stupidly ran both, the surviving strictly mirror account, and a new account (set up completely with mirror mode) for 14 hours wcing and they as of today have both been perma banned. The wcing ban rate is very high right now and both areas where I botted were F2P. My theory update is that as well as an automated system they have JMods that watch F2P worlds like a hawk. Will be switching my botting regiment up to make it a little less obvious. Going to make some member accounts and work on various stats. From this I'm drawing that F2P suiciding is not gonna be the way to go. More to come here...

3/19 - 3/23

Alright so I made a weird discovery here over the past couple days regarding injection, but I think I have some really good insight regarding new accounts because of it. So over the past couple days I made three new F2P accounts (all of which were going to be botted using injection). Now I think it was Maxi who had a theory regarding tiers and this I believe supports that idea. Now two of the accounts I botted just using Lazy Assistant's New Account Walker feature while the other I legitimately trained up combat a little bit, fishing, cooking, and THEN began to bot woodcutting. Now here's what the weird part was... This morning I woke up and my two Autowalker accounts were banned... They haven't even been skilled at all yet and the walker was flawless, but obviously their system still detected the injected client. My woodcutter however managed to survive... My theory here is that there are tiers for accounts possibly based on total levels. You better believe Jagex watches those new F2P accounts like hawks, but if you legitimately play on the account for a little bit and switch it up skills wise you basically pass a "legitimacy test". The other thing I found strange too is that I purposely botted all these accounts on the same IP on the same computer at the same time and only the fresher two got banned. Any ideas on this? Please post in the replies. More insight coming soon!

Special thanks to Maxi for the insight on tiers when releasing the Mirror Client.

P.S. Will update post if wcer gets a delayed ban of some sort, but it doesn't look that way so far.

Conclusion:

From this I'm beginning to think one of two things or possibly even both... Either they scan F2P worlds for the modified clients OR they scan for it based on total levels. The third possibility is obviously that I got unlucky as shit, but that's much less likely I presume.

More to come!

3/24-3/29

The following took place using mirror mode...

Haven't had a ton of time to bot, but here goes nothing. The surviving bot from the previous dates has since been banned. The strange thing is the one time it got banned was the second time I botted it overnight. The mistake I made I believe was botting woodcutting consistently for too long. I spent solid 4 days approx. 10 hrs per day doing the same exact same task. I'm a believer that overnight botting is a bad idea. You better believe Jagex knows your timezone. I think the baseline tests are done and I'm going to try mixing in some legitimate play time with my next account and see how it does. Bottom line is suicide botting any one skill makes your account a ticking time bomb and ultimately is not worth it. Mirror mode is close to completely undetectable.

Conclusion:

I think I played in the same area too long and my account got caught because of the account patterns. We'll see if mixing it up helps out. Gonna be a little more creative and report back. Happy botting!

3/30-4/1

Alright so some less insightful news here, but good news none the less... Well the good part is that I have 3 accounts running on mirror doing different tasks every couple of hours and they have yet to be banned. The bad news is I was making an account for my man @Valkyr and was NOT using mirror mode. That account has been banned sadly.

This information is obviously brief, but it's a pretty good way to start wrapping up this thread. I'll be doing some more periodic updates as my farming grows, but it will certainly be over larger periods of time.

Conclusion:

What I'm realizing is that with the mirror client, the only thing left to detect is patterning. In all honesty I think now it's on the scriptors to become more creative with randomized path making and movements to make everything as humanlike as possible. As far as I can see as the mirror client continues to improve, so does my botting ability. I've been having a lot of success in general with Masterace Omega. I think a lot of that is because of the randomized web walking etc and I'm beginning to see those kind of scripts being the real future as opposed to single task scripts. Good luck scriptors. You have your work cut out for ya!

Credits:

As the core content of this begins to wrap up (but trust me there is definitely more to come) I hope people have been getting a lot of help from my experiences. This is only the genesis, but I want to give some specific shout outs to some of the people on here who have made this research possible.

@Maldesto For OSBot and the community as a whole (duh)

@Maxi and the rest of the development team for working their asses off to develop the mirror client (aka the client that has saved botting).

@ProjectPact for the Lazy AIO script I used for the creation of my accounts (and gratz on Son Scriptor rank buddy!)

@Divinity For MasterRace which has headlined an improvement in overall bot quality from all the scriptors.

And last but most certainly not least I wanna thank every who has commented with deep insight and great tips throughout the discussion here. Much of my testing was based off of assumptions you guys posted in the comments and I would have nowhere to start without you.

So thank you OSBot members for your contributions and remember... THIS IS ONLY THE BEGINNING Naughty.png 

Cruelhitz

Edited by Cruelhitz
  • Like 10

where the 3 accounts all created at the same time? also, did u use proxy and if so how many? have my suspicions but not certain, thanks!

EDIT: please keep us up to date op, this is quality content

3 Accounts were all made at the same time on the same IP with no proxy. Will be keeping up to date. Thanks for reading!

Okay, so we're all doomed if we ain't gonna pull that wallet for VIP... sucks.

I'm only training combat stats, started 2 weeks ago and still going strong. Probably will be banned sooner or later. If they ban me i'll quit Runescape for good.

You're not "doomed" per say. You're just much more contingent on the luck factor of when they are going to check or not. Honestly when you consider the amount of extra RS gold you can make when your accounts aren't getting banned... The cost of VIP is very small.

Does OSBuddy alter the client in any way? If so they will bann like 60% of the Runescape population. No way they will do that.

Jagex has made multiple statements regarding OSBuddy saying that they approve of it, but to use it at your own risk. The developers also run everything through Jagex before they implement new features. Jagex holds no liability for anything that happens to accounts that use OSBuddy though. Here's a thread on it if you would like to hear a little more in-depth...

http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,360,65586611

Edited by Cruelhitz
  • Like 1

Does OSBuddy alter the client in any way? If so they will bann like 60% of the Runescape population. No way they will do that.

I may be wrong, but I believe OSbuddy just reflects the game's code to pull certain information to make it see-able on the client, whereas OSbot directly changes the way the game is loaded so that the hooks can send information or something like that. 

very good point about jagex being able to shrug off appeals, OP. I am just wondering if this is relevant to the other bot clients out there that do not use injection. 

Edited by Takeoff

Yes how will they differentiate the botters from osbuddys?

I'd assume there is some sort of bypass in their system for it. OSBuddy is only one of a ton of different engines. Every client even though many may be injection, "inject" with variations. No two clients inject using the exact same code.  It would be very easy for Jagex to clear OSBuddy in whatever they use to scan the player base. I will say I've heard of players getting banned using OSBuddy after updates in rare cases, but those could be botters using that as an excuse during appeals. I've never had such an issue though.

I may be wrong, but I believe OSbuddy just reflects the game's code to pull certain information to make it see-able on the client, whereas OSbot directly changes the way the game is loaded so that the hooks can send information or something like that. 

very good point about jagex being able to shrug off appeals, OP. I am just wondering if this is relevant to the other bot clients out there that do not use injection. 

So what we are seeing now is that Jagex most certainly does give a flying fuck about botting lol. Like I said in my previous reply, every botting client does it slightly different. I would not put it past Jagex to look at forums such as ours and try to track this stuff down. Then once a client gets prevalent enough they program that method into their system and boom! That Client starts getting bans out the ass. All this is speculation, however one thing is not... If your account gets perma banned with no opportunity for appeal then they are catching you on a code base level. Otherwise they would have no ground for shrugging off you appeals. Everything I'm saying stems from that one singular belief.

Edited by Cruelhitz

off topic but what about hotspots? I'm thinking botwatch monitors these certain areas, pulling accounts  with un-humanlike mouse movements and other variables such as maybe total level, quests, which aren't very reliable factors imo, and leaving them for weath to review 

. If your account gets perma banned with no opportunity for appeal then they are catching you on a code base level. Otherwise they would have no ground for shrugging off you appeals. Everything I'm saying stems from that one singular belief.

not necessarily true at all seeing as all accounts are Jagex's property and they have grounds to ban you regardless of if any offence was committed or not. I'm not saying they do that, but it is not a full proof reason as to why they do not read appeals. There is also no real evidence we can provide to prove we are not botting, so reading appeals is kind of pointless from their perspective because what is stopping us from lying about our situation?

• Like 1

off topic but what about hotspots? I'm thinking botwatch monitors these certain areas, pulling accounts  with un-humanlike mouse movements and other variables such as maybe total level, quests, which aren't very reliable factors imo, and leaving them for weath to review 

Great point. I have a strong belief they keep an eye on patterning as well. I'm going to give updates on accounts that stay in the same location vs ones that move around. This way maybe I can give some insight on that as well. This is where I believe the "Bot Busting Moderate" bans come into play. With this they may make the strong assumption that you are botting, but are unable to detect in on a code-based level and therefore can't justifiably perma-ban you without appeal. I also think they show more mercy and less mercy based on how "complete" or "incomplete" the account is. This is where botting with veteran accounts becomes much more important.

not necessarily true at all seeing as all accounts are Jagex's property and they have grounds to ban you regardless of if any offence was committed or not. I'm not saying they do that, but it is not a full proof reason as to why they do not read appeals. There is also no real evidence we can provide to prove we are not botting, so reading appeals is kind of pointless from their perspective because what is stopping us from lying about our situation?

This falls under the "completeness" of the account I believe and is left up to their discretion. I was typing about it as you posted this lol.

• Like 1

This is where I believe the "Bot Busting Moderate" bans come into play. With this they may make the strong assumption that you are botting, but are unable to detect in on a code-based level and therefore can't justifiably perma-ban you without appeal. I also think they show more mercy and less mercy based on how "complete" or "incomplete" the account is. This is where botting with veteran accounts becomes much more important.

Would make alot of sense, never thought of it that way

• Like 1

Would make alot of sense, never thought of it that way

Thank you. Appreciate the input from you! Keep it coming if you have any other ideas. The more we explore this and look into it the more we will learn. Trial and error til we get it down.

Edited by Cruelhitz

I've had 2 accounts banned in the last 12 hours. One making bow strings and the other fishing at catherby.. I've had 7 accounts banned in total now both on rs3 and 07. Chances that my IP is flagged? I may buy VIP just for the mirror mode lol. 

It's honestly worth it from my personal experience already.