Do Mac OSX user get banned less often?

sprietmans69

So me and a couple of friends started using osbot a couple of days ago, my two friends using windows, me using osx.

While my friends got permabanned after only a couple (2/4) total hours of betting, I have been using the program for a total of around 18 hours now and still have not been banned. I asked if they did stupid things that made them easy targets to get banned like using the default character and such, but they told me  they did not.

Is this pure luck? Does operating system have anything to do with ban rates? Do jagex supervise mac user less because they are a minority? Does java being a os neutral runtime make it so it should not have an impact on ban rates, or is there something going on?

My theory was that jagex requires to preform a different procedure to detect botting for mac, and because mac users are a minority, they check for bots less frequently because it wouldnt be worth their time otherwise, or is that just total bullcrap?

I doubt jagex knows/cares about what operating system you use to bot on

My theory was that jagex requires to preform a different procedure to detect botting for mac, and because mac users are a minority, they check for bots less frequently because it wouldnt be worth their time otherwise, or is that just total bullcrap?

Too bad runescape runs in java, which doesn't give a shit what OS your running (Could be Solaris lulz, thats a bigger minority).