Jagex Bot Detection Theory

FooBar

Dear all,

I've seen loads of forum posts spread across OSBOT with loads of users debating the topic and I thought It would be best to have the most precise answer taken from multiple users opinions because nobody really knows. I will simply state my own theory and anyone who knows more or can correct any mistake I make simply post the theory with some evidence and I will update the thread.

Theory v1.1:

• With the new client mirror release (special thanks to MGI) we now know a bit more about Jagex detection system. I've run the client mirror service for the last 5 days intensely with no ban. This points towards Jagex's bot detection mainly revolving around client detection. So as soon as you log onto runescape 07 with anything but a web browser your account is flagged or blacklisted.
  • The second tier which many people have debated is the pattern detection system which is targeted at the scripts. Now I've read a lot of posts where users have claimed Jagex's algorithms detect patterns, compare patterns with other known patterns and ban the accounts. That seems to be the most believed theory but personally I think its a load of bullshit. For Jagex to scan for patterns on every single 07 account it would use up so much computing power. Nevermind the millions of hours it would take to make the entire system. Jagex are a gaming company they are not Google. I just personally believe it takes into account a number of variables. Time logged on, location, bugs in scripts ie. clicking in the same location 500 times inhumanly fast, sleep times between actions, maybe some cool complex stuff thrown in there aswell but nothing like everybody is making it out to be.
  • I don't know whether you have to be blacklisted for using a client to enter the second tier where your account is being watched, but I will know within the coming weeks as I test out the new mirror client.
  • Jagex may use the age you enter on account creation to detect whether you are botting. Jagex knows that if you entered your age as 16, you are meant to be in school during the hours of 9am and 4pm roughly. If a 16 year old is playing between these hours it may be flagged by Jagex as abnormal. So it is always best as a precaution to enter your age as above 21. CREDITS: Khaleesi

Cheers everyone for reading,

Please correct me if you believe i'm wrong and feel free to be a dick and make me feel like an idiot.

Foo

Edited by FooBar

I'm personally very interested to see how this plays out. By interest, may I ask which bot scripts you are running? or perhaps locations/activity you are doing?

Scripts I am using: 

My self written plank maker:

Varrock East - Making planks for a profit of roughly 150k an hour

Location and activity are often botted which makes me think that tier 2 can only be entered when client is detected..

• With the new client mirror release (special thanks to MGI) we now know a bit more about Jagex detection system. I've run the client mirror service for the last 5 days intensely with no ban. This points towards Jagex's bot detection mainly revolving around client detection. So as soon as you log onto runescape 07 with anything but a web browser your account is flagged or blacklisted.

I'm not sure about client detection, but i think it is possible for Jagex to moniter accounts logging in from an unknown client since really there isn't that many. if we were to assume that Jagex could select what clients to moniter then they could easily detect ours as it is just a few packet changes?(assumption idk) and really it doesn't take that much power to do it.

but i do think having a really good script plays a big role since i use some scripts 16hr/day 6day/week

actualy ignore this

Edited by justanotherkid

Well I believe more this:

- Yes they can detect clients in some way, even thought 90% of devs of botclients states they can't.

- I think they also watch the hours you bot on:

For example:

You entered age of 16 into your account, jagex knows a 16 year old should be on school during 8am till 4 pm.

What if you bot these hours creating some kind of playstyle, when you get home you might play legit, you again create another playstyle. If these 2 are very different, that could lead to an flag the account.

I always enter an age above 21, since in highschool and at work jagex can't really say much, some of my accounts do last fairly long.

- Another thing:

If you use script of different scripters ... they all handle stuff different and some are faster / slower, but this means you would get multiple playstyles, which an lead to a flag again.

What you think guys?

Khaleesi 

• Like 2

- Yes they can detect clients in some way, even thought 90% of devs of botclients states they can't.

For example:

You entered age of 16 into your account, jagex knows a 16 year old should be on school during 8am till 4 pm.

What if you bot these hours creating some kind of playstyle, when you get home you might play legit, you again create another playstyle. If these 2 are very different, that could lead to an flag the account.

I always enter an age above 21, since in highschool and at work jagex can't really say much, some of my accounts do last fairly long.

- Another thing:

If you use script of different scripters ... they all handle stuff different and some are faster / slower, but this means you would get multiple playstyles, which an lead to a flag again.

What you think guys?

Khaleesi 

Interesting theory, because now when I think about it the accounts I created entering an age below 18 seemed to get banned faster and the ones created with an age over 20 seemed to last longer. I haven't really thought about that at all, untill you wrote that.

For example:

- Another thing:

What you think guys?

Khaleesi 

Really interesting great to have your insight. I'll update the thread. However I don't know if I agree with the playstyles theory, there are about a million variables that can affect the playstyle of any human eg/ fatigue, new mouse etc. If they can detect playstyles which may be possible to some extent it will be at a very low level. Tbh I've been in the game industry in the past and I can tell you now that anyone with half a brain could have made runescape, the algorithms we are talking about here I feel are way beyond Jagex's programmers ability.

Foo

Edited by FooBar