Walking... All At Once Or One Step At A Time?

Varies

Hello, my question up top may be a little bit too vague for a short strip such as that so it'll be better to explain my question down here.

I was wondering how the programming went when developing localWalker.walk --> Does the method/function "walk" read in the array all at once and continues executing it until it is done or does the bot go one tile at a time and continues looping from that.

I've been on the low with using the client for a bit after achieving some high stats quite quickly so I haven't tested my suspicions and was wondering if you guys could further aid/confirm my suspicions.

I honestly think the bot itself goes one tile at a time and then continues going through the loop and doesn't hold up in it's walking method until it has finished. I could easily create a method that holds up into the array until completion but was wondering of the .walk just did itself.

Thanks again OSBot Community.

Hello, my question up top may be a little bit too vague for a short strip such as that so it'll be better to explain my question down here.

I was wondering how the programming went when developing localWalker.walk --> Does the method/function "walk" read in the array all at once and continues executing it until it is done or does the bot go one tile at a time and continues looping from that.

I've been on the low with using the client for a bit after achieving some high stats quite quickly so I haven't tested my suspicions and was wondering if you guys could further aid/confirm my suspicions.

I honestly think the bot itself goes one tile at a time and then continues going through the loop and doesn't hold up in it's walking method until it has finished. I could easily create a method that holds up into the array until completion but was wondering of the .walk just did itself.

Thanks again OSBot Community.

Pretty sure the walk method is a loop.

How can I proof this:

Point B = end position

So at first I make sure point B is reachable, then the walk method walks to it, no problem. B will be reached

If I do the same things but then manually opens a gate real quick( example lumby-> al-Kharid gate).

The script will keep spamm clicking minimap to reach B even though it will be unreachable.

Same happends to me in Abyss, while the player gets teleported to inner ring it will keep spamm clicing the minimap on an object at the outside, even though thre is a check in front of the walk method, to see if hes in the inner our outer ring.

Conclusion:

The walk method is a some kind of loop where it gets stuck in, even though ALEK claimed it was not a loop... 

Report every error/bug you encounter OR make everything yourself so you can fix this issues instantly wink.png

EDIT:

@ your post, I think it should be better to not place walking in a loop, and if you do... make sure it has enough check sso it can break the loop properly when needed.

Khaleesi

Edited by Khaleesi

Pretty sure the walk method is a loop.

How can I proof this:

Point B = end position

So at first I make sure point B is reachable, then the walk method walks to it, no problem. B will be reached

If I do the same things but then manually opens a gate real quick( example lumby-> al-Kharid gate).

The script will keep spamm clicking minimap to reach B even though it will be unreachable.

Same happends to me in Abyss, while the player gets teleported to inner ring it will keep spamm clicing the minimap on an object at the outside, even though thre is a check in front of the walk method, to see if hes in the inner our outer ring.

Conclusion:

The walk method is a some kind of loop where it gets stuck in, even though ALEK claimed it was not a loop... 

Report every error/bug you encounter OR make everything yourself so you can fix this issues instantly wink.png

EDIT:

@ your post, I think it should be better to not place walking in a loop, and if you do... make sure it has enough check sso it can break the loop properly when needed.

Khaleesi

Thanks ALOT! If this really is the case then that's perfect for my script, thank you