SDN scripts

H0ppy

Hello everybody,

I'm making this topic because i think admins gets too much with adding scripts to SDN.
I think it should be easier to add scripts to SDN because if all admins are bus like previous week there will be no scripts pushed to SDN.

Me and a few other people have been waiting for more then 1 week to let our script checked.
And some are still waiting.

There were also a several posts about the lack of decent script at SDN. 50% of the script are bugged or aren't even starting anymore.
I'm not blaming anyone that ik takes pretty long to get good scripts at SDN but i really think it needsto be easier for people to get there script on SDN. 

Example:
People can obtain Scripter status after doing an exam or something like that.
So the scripter can push hes own script to SDN. So admins don't have to check every single script.

Kind regards
H0ppy

Edited by H0ppy

The SDN is setup the way it is so people cannot push their own scripts. This would create vulnerability problems and that is why we verify them by hand. We are working to get a better system going already, but we will still hand verify them.

Ya I understand it's vulnerable. But i've been looking for a admin for more then 1 week and I still didn't found anybody who wanted to check my script. Meanwhile i was waiting i created a tons of scripts ... I'm just saying its pretty frustrating if you have a good script and nobody replies to your messages and stuff.

kind regards

H0ppy

Edited by H0ppy

The SDN is setup the way it is so people cannot push their own scripts. This would create vulnerability problems and that is why we verify them by hand. We are working to get a better system going already, but we will still hand verify them.

Along with the fact that getting your script into the SDN show dedication to OSbot and that your script will be getting the updates it require. Should someone just put up a script whenever they want they could have it released great and never update it again and that script would be useless after a couple months.

Possibly create a version of the SDN called 'Non-Tested SDN scripts' (force members of the community reading a thread explaining that the scripts are not tested etc?) which is where people can upload their scripts and then an admin can decide if it's SDN worthy or not?

This means that people can get feedback on scripts they may want to make paid later on etc. 

I've seen this discussion before :P

But I think no matter what, priotity should lay at the hands of the Admins checking the script. It is important to keep safety on a high pitch to make sure nothing bad happens to people's accounts.

A untested-sdn could be a good idea if people get well explained that the scripts have not been verrified by admins. This will still remain the protection of the script source and a fast way to let other people of the community test your scripts. It's just really important that people get noticed whenever they run an 'unverrified-SDN' script that it still is unverrified and that the script CAN contain password-stealing code.

I heard maxi saying that they protected this client against code like this, but you never know what people can do... I do not know if it is 100% impossible

I think the system has flaws, but admins are always going to be busy. Something you could do is choose a few of the script writers that have the most knowledge on scripting and are trustworthy, and they can decide whether scripts will be in the SDN or not

How do you decide if a scripter is 'trustworthy' ? I think it's best to stick with the admin team and just hope that they won't be as busy as they are now in a week or so. I know that they are developing great programs and giving us enormous client updates weekly so I imagine they are very busy on a good cause. Once the client is more as it pleases them they will have more time for other stuff.

How do you decide if a scripter is 'trustworthy' ? I think it's best to stick with the admin team and just hope that they won't be as busy as they are now in a week or so. I know that they are developing great programs and giving us enormous client updates weekly so I imagine they are very busy on a good cause. Once the client is more as it pleases them they will have more time for other stuff.

How do you decide which admins are trustworthy? What if they suddenly post some malcious code?

Same story bro.

The way SDn works now have to be changed. Users really gets frusrated about the lack of quality scripts on SDN.

All I have to say. It takes just way too long for script to get to SDN. Same for updating them

grtz

How do you decide which admins are trustworthy? What if they suddenly post some malcious code?

Same story bro.

The way SDn works now have to be changed. Users really gets frusrated about the lack of quality scripts on SDN.

All I have to say. It takes just way too long for script to get to SDN. Same for updating them

grtz

Tbh, if the admins can't be trusted, you'd be fucked by using the client. The scripts are the least of your worries.

Same story bro.

grtz

By using this bot I decide that the admins are trustworthy.