APA AIO Cooker

Apaec

• 1 month later...
On 9/17/2022 at 5:13 AM, OSRSteph said:

The script is closing and not cooking shrimps saying none left. There are 27 raw shrimp in the bank though.

Hey,

This may be because the script was unable to withdraw a full inventory of fish. The script will cook raw items until it cannot withdraw a full inventory of them. Grab some more shrimps and this shouldn't be a problem :)

-Apa

So the issue is because the bot has more than just shrimp in it's inv.

It has shrimp because it bots fishing first, then it bots cooking. A net and some anchovies will be present in the inventory.

There wasn't (at least I didn't see one) an option to deposit junk in bank on start.

I think that would solve the issue.

Moreover, it seems the the bot will attempt to cook if there are any of the desired raw foods in the inventory on load.

I think a default deposit junk on start function would solve this. Then, after junk has been dumped (or if inventory is already 0/28) start the script as normal. 

Pseudo code to help explain my thoughts...

CheckInvOnStart:
    if Player.inv.spaces != 0
        DepositJunkInBank()
        RunScriptAsNormal()
    else
        RunScriptAsNormal()
Edited by Anon829252

On 9/21/2022 at 2:28 AM, OSRSteph said:

So the issue is because the bot has more than just shrimp in it's inv.

It has shrimp because it bots fishing first, then it bots cooking. A net and some anchovies will be present in the inventory.

There wasn't (at least I didn't see one) an option to deposit junk in bank on start.

I think that would solve the issue.

Moreover, it seems the the bot will attempt to cook if there are any of the desired raw foods in the inventory on load.

I think a default deposit junk on start function would solve this. Then, after junk has been dumped (or if inventory is already 0/28) start the script as normal.

Pseudo code to help explain my thoughts...

CheckInvOnStart:
    if Player.inv.spaces != 0
        DepositJunkInBank()
        RunScriptAsNormal()
    else
        RunScriptAsNormal()

Thanks for this follow-up information; the script currently makes the assumption that you're starting with an empty inventory. The intended use-case of this script is batch-cooking of a stack of raw food items. I'm keen to understand a little more about your use-case - why do you need to start the script with items in your inventory? Can you not manually clear the inventory before starting up the script?

-Apa

1 hour ago, Apaec said:

Thanks for this follow-up information; the script currently makes the assumption that you're starting with an empty inventory. The intended use-case of this script is batch-cooking of a stack of raw food items. I'm keen to understand a little more about your use-case - why do you need to start the script with items in your inventory? Can you not manually clear the inventory before starting up the script?

-Apa

To answer your question: Yes of course I can, however, I will not.

Additionally, I don't have access to my PC while at work. I also don't plan on manually dumping an inventory for every bot that needs to cook. Once my farm scales, it wouldn't be feasible.

I have the script set to run after a fishing script. I'm using a 3rd party script manager which can queue scripts one after another. That way I can catch fish and then cook said fish while at work, without touching the computer. 

This is what causes the script to load up with an inventory full of fish.

The two initial solutions that come to mind would be:

- Click the food icon (the GUI where you can "make all") if prompted

or

- Deposit inventory on script start (would there ever be an item needed in the inventory to cook specific foods? I'm not aware of any)

1 hour ago, OSRSteph said:

To answer your question: Yes of course I can, however, I will not.

I have the script set to run after a fishing script. I'm using a 3rd party script manager which can queue scripts one after another. That way I can catch fish and then cook said fish while at work, without touching the computer. 

This is what causes the script to load up with an inventory full of fish.

The two initial solutions that come to mind would be:

- Click the food icon (the GUI where you can "make all") if prompted

or

- Deposit inventory on script start (would there ever be an item needed in the inventory to cook specific foods? I'm not aware of any)

I see, that makes sense. I hadn't realised you were using a third-party script manager to queue scripts. I'd say it's potentially risky to rely on a successful transition between scripts - though this script does use the built-in webwalker to get to the range/bank, it's generally best not to rely on this. It might be safest manually transition between the two.

I'll take a look at the script and see what changes are necessary to automatically reset to a known start state 👍

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Apaec said:

I see, that makes sense. I hadn't realised you were using a third-party script manager to queue scripts. I'd say it's potentially risky to rely on a successful transition between scripts - though this script does use the built-in webwalker to get to the range/bank, it's generally best not to rely on this. It might be safest manually transition between the two.

I'll take a look at the script and see what changes are necessary to automatically reset to a known start state 👍

Quick update on this for you @OSRSteph:

I've had a look into this, and the issue is actually due to the presence of anchovies and shrimp in your inventory. It's actually a fun and really weird quirk of OSRS: if you have more than one cookable item in your inventory (e.g., shrimp and anchovies), the cooking interface will show cooked variants of those fish as options. If you only have one cookable item in your inventory, the cooking interface will show the raw version of the fish. Test this out yourself- it's interesting!

I've just pushed a script update: v3.20. In this update, the script will now search for both raw and cooked variants of the fish in the interface. This should solve all of the problems you were experiencing. The script already correctly banks items that you do not plan to cook, so this should not be a problem.

Good luck!

-Apa

• Heart 1

52 minutes ago, Apaec said:

Quick update on this for you @OSRSteph:

I've had a look into this, and the issue is actually due to the presence of anchovies and shrimp in your inventory. It's actually a fun and really weird quirk of OSRS: if you have more than one cookable item in your inventory (e.g., shrimp and anchovies), the cooking interface will show cooked variants of those fish as options. If you only have one cookable item in your inventory, the cooking interface will show the raw version of the fish. Test this out yourself- it's interesting!

I've just pushed a script update: v3.20. In this update, the script will now search for both raw and cooked variants of the fish in the interface. This should solve all of the problems you were experiencing. The script already correctly banks items that you do not plan to cook, so this should not be a problem.

Good luck!

-Apa

That is pretty interesting! Good find.

What a weird system Jagex has lmao.

Thanks.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FuryShark said:

Karambwan cooking doesnt work. I think there used to previously be multiple options to cook karambwans and now only one? idk. it just clicks fire over and over

Hmm, that's a bit odd. I'll do a test run, but just to check - are you cooking poison or thorough karambwans? Have you completed the quest that allows you to cook them?

8 hours ago, Apaec said:

Hmm, that's a bit odd. I'll do a test run, but just to check - are you cooking poison or thorough karambwans? Have you completed the quest that allows you to cook them?

I havent done the quest. The only option available is cooked Karambwans but I was wanting them to be poisoned anyway. Wiki says its best xp , lvl 1 and 80xp each

5 hours ago, FuryShark said:

I havent done the quest. The only option available is cooked Karambwans but I was wanting them to be poisoned anyway. Wiki says its best xp , lvl 1 and 80xp each

Ah right- the script has a separate option for poison karambwans. If you select that, it should work just fine :)

-Apa