Social environment snippet

Botre

Social environment snippet

Could potentially reduce bans caused by player reports.

If you have any other ideas / methods I'll gladly write them in if they are worth it.

Cheers!

public class SocialEnvironment {

/**
	 * @author Botrepreneur 
	 * @Version: 00.14
	 */

public static int getNumberOfOtherPlayers(Script script) {
		return script.getPlayers().getAll().size() - 1;
	}

public static boolean isMyPlayerAlone(Script script) {
		return getNumberOfOtherPlayers(script) == 0;
	}

public static boolean didSomeoneTalk(Message message) {
		return message != null && message.getType().equals(Message.MessageType.PLAYER);
	}

public static boolean isPlayerInteractingWithMe(Script script, Player player) {
		return player!= null && player.exists() && player.getInteracting() != null && player.getInteracting().getName().equals(script.myPlayer().getName());
	}

public static boolean isSomePlayerInteractingWithMe(Script script) {
		if (!isMyPlayerAlone(script)) {
			List<Player> players = script.getPlayers().getAll();
			for (Player player : players) {
				if (isPlayerInteractingWithMe(script, player)) {
					return true;
				}
			}

}
		return false;
	}

public static boolean isSomePlayerInteractingWithMe(Script script, int radius) {
			List<Player> players = script.getPlayers().getAll();
			for (Player player : players) {
				if (script.map.distance(player) <= radius && isPlayerInteractingWithMe(script, player)) {
					return true;
				}
			}

}
		return false;
	}

public static boolean isTradeRequested(Message message) {
		return message != null && message.getType().equals(Message.MessageType.RECEIVE_TRADE);
	}

public static boolean doesModExist(Script script) {
			for (Player p : script.getPlayers().getAll()) {
				if (p.getName().toLowerCase().startsWith("mod ")) {
					return true;
				}
			}
		}
		return false;
	}

}
Edited by Botrepreneur

return script.getPlayers().getAll().size() > 1;

}

Is checking if your player isn't alone.

Iterating through every local player to see if one is interacting with you is overkill. Why not search in a certain radius?

I think there a method that creates an area around an entity. You could use that, and loop through everybody in the area to see if they are interacting with you.

Also it should be smaller or equal to one

return script.getPlayers().getAll().size() > 1;

}

Is checking if your player isn't alone.

Iterating through every local player to see if one is interacting with you is overkill. Why not search in a certain radius?

Fixed, thanks.

To check whether or not a player is in a certain radius you'd still have to iterate through all players, I added a second method that accepts a radius argument though, but I'm not sure checking for distance is less expensive than checking for interaction.

I might just add a method that accepts a custom filter (so you could filter for room, distance, combat level and anything else you can think off)

I think there a method that creates an area around an entity. You could use that, and loop through everybody in the area to see if they are interacting with you.

You'd still have to iterate through all entities to check if they are in that area. Do you think this would be less expensive?

Thanks for the replies biggrin.png

Edited by Botrepreneur

Fixed, thanks.

To check whether or not a player is in a certain radius you'd still have to iterate through all players, I added a second method that accepts a radius argument though, but I'm not sure checking for distance is less expensive than checking for interaction.

I might just add a method that accepts a custom filter (so you could filter for room, distance, combat level and anything else you can think off)

You'd still have to iterate through all entities to check if they are in that area. Do you think this would be less expensive?

Thanks for the replies biggrin.png

its better because even though you iterating through all players. You not consistently checking to see if that player is interacting with you especially with people that are like 10 tiles away. Also i was talking about this method

script.myPlayer().getArea(radius);

Edited by josedpay

its better because even though you iterating through all players. You not consistently checking to see if that player is interacting with you especially with people that are like 10 tiles away. Also i was talking about this method

script.myPlayer().getArea(radius);

But you would still need to check constantly if they are in the radius considering they could move, I'll do some performance tests ^^

Get monster position

Check if generated area contains that position

If check returns positive then check for interaction

versus

Check for interaction