Detect if an IP has multiple accounts.

CrisisDesigns

As some of you may or may not know, having multiple OSBot accounts is against the rules. Although the staff team is trying it's hardest to enforce this rule, it's simply not enough.

The following plugin gives the staff team the ability to detect if there are multiple accounts under the same IP.

http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/6001-duplicate-members-logger/

Although it has a $25 price tag, it will greatly assist in tackling ban evaders and it will be a great asset. Weather or not the issue is big enough to pay that much money will be decided by the staff team or whoever is in charge of purchases.

• Developer

We already have ways of doing it, but we're all hesitant to mass ban because there are all sorts of legitimate reasons for having the same IP from time to time. In fact, the last time that happened (with just data from a few days), we already hit several legitimate users.  It's hard to eliminate all of the false positives, but we have our own custom solutions that we're working on.

• Like 1

We already have ways of doing it, but we're all hesitant to mass ban because there are all sorts of legitimate reasons for having the same IP from time to time. In fact, the last time that happened (with just data from a few days), we already hit several legitimate users.  It's hard to eliminate all of the false positives, but we have our own custom solutions that we're working on.

Exactly this - brothers, sisters, or even parents (lol) who all live in the same house subsequently have the same IP. Additionally roommates, hotels, hostels, residential estates, hospitals and so on could potentially have the same issue. If you were to ban all but one account on the same IP, i'd assume this would be a bad idea.

Exactly this - brothers, sisters, or even parents (lol) who all live in the same house subsequently have the same IP. Additionally roommates, hotels, hostels, residential estates, hospitals and so on could potentially have the same issue. If you were to ban all but one account on the same IP, i'd assume this would be a bad idea.

I'd just use my relatives account.

• 2 months later...