Trusted User on Market Place

Aza

I've put no thought into this idea BUT

A avid market place user pays OSBot a fee, ie $200 which they then keep. This gives them the trusted rank in the marketplace, if they were to scam, the person who has been scammed would then get their money back from that fund and then OSBot would keep the rest.

After 6-12months the person would seem to be trusted enough and so i would say they would get their $200 or this could change.

Just an idea, don't go mad.

• Administrator

I agree with this to some extent, except for the fact someone could scam more than 200 dollars in a day being very trusted with that kind of rank. Along with the fact what if they pay 200 dollars get the bar scam a few hundred dollars then charge back the 200 dollars they paid for the bar. This is a very hard decision to make with the trusted users, that is why  I don't think a bar has been implemented as OSBot never really wanted a market, they just made it, because it is an attraction and a very active place. In order to grow we needed a market, just like we need a spam section, and just like i think we need a random section. 

I just think this is a very good suggestion, if in fact Kati and the other administrators could figure a full proof method. Maybe 200 dollars mailed to kati once she gets the 200 dollars she can give you the trusted bar. 

Edit:: Also i think a minimum of 50-75 feedback to even purchase the bar.

good idea i support this but not 200$ maybe 50-100$ but this would keep a lot of people out of the market place

This wouldn't keep anyone out of the market place, the bar is for the people that pay the money to receive the bar no one else can receive a bar. Everyone else can use the market, they just wouldn't be able to have the bar.

Edited by Maldesto
  • Like 1

Not a bad idea, but it would not be fair to those who are able to invest in this and those who are not. The market could be lop sided.

I agree, could make a monopoly in favour of those who pay. But then this is pretty good protection against scammers. Mean Lupekid  got banned and he had alot of feedback. If he had given $200 i doubt he would attempt it.

Also i personally find sponsors more trustworthy then anyone with vouches purely for the fact that they have paid $60, a fair about of money which i doubt they would scam a couple of mil just to be banned.

If you could find a good way for this to work, I support. (But it should also be achieved in other ways ie 100 FB)

Personally i think the more feedback you have the lower the trusted payment should be

ie. 50 feedback = 200$

100 = $125

Trusted in the future may be able to be earnt but with this insurance scamming is likely to drop. Also people who do this are more likely to gain a monopoly and thus it would benefit them aswell.

It may crush the smaller people but if they go cheaper then they can build up feedback themselves anyway

• Like 1

Personally i think the more feedback you have the lower the trusted payment should be

ie. 50 feedback = 200$

100 = $125

Trusted in the future may be able to be earnt but with this insurance scamming is likely to drop. Also people who do this are more likely to gain a monopoly and thus it would benefit them aswell.

It may crush the smaller people but if they go cheaper then they can build up feedback themselves anyway

I like that idea. But its sort of like saying you could buy/sell feedbacks.

Edited by Jason

ie. 50 feedback = 200$

100 = $125

That makes no sence, howmuch you pay, that's how much it covers on scams, that's how it must be, cause if you have 100 feedback what if i want to deal 200 with you, i can't cause if you scam me it will only cover 75$, users are NOT trusted at all.

I like that idea. But its sort of like saying you could buy/sell feedbacks.

You'd first have to get 50 feedbacks to even pay the $200 to get Trusted. Thats trading with 50 individual people at the current moment so its not really buying as so much as benefiting more when you have higher feedback.

That makes no sence, howmuch you pay, that's how much it covers on scams, that's how it must be, cause if you have 100 feedback what if i want to deal 200 with you, i can't cause if you scam me it will only cover 75$, users are NOT trusted at all.

Then 1) Don't buy in mass bulk like that

2) If users aren't trusted don't go anywhere near the market place then. 

My guess is they'll be 2-3 trusted users within a month as $200 isn't cheap, just buy $50 worth off each of them, its most likely as they control the market they would try to work together on controlling the price to become a monopoly on this website.

This is actually a very good idea. I may consider something like this into the verified rank I've planned to introduce. It may be a bit unfair, though.

Looking forward to it!

In my opinion, persons who will apply for this rank are most likely regular traders who are looking for a better reputation to improve their trades, which means they have a significant budget : 50-100 USD sounds fair enough to me.

This is actually a very good idea. I may consider something like this into the verified rank I've planned to introduce. It may be a bit unfair, though.

Don't even think about it...

User A: Buys it for $200

User B: Selling 60m, $200

User A: I'll buy it, scams him.

User B: Got scammed, claims the $200 back.

User A & User B = friends and just made $200.

Edited by Cory

Don't even think about it...

User A: Buys it for $200

User B: Selling 60m, $200

User A: I'll buy it, scams him.

User B: Got scammed, claims the $200 back.

User A & User B = friends and just made $200.

No they didn't since User A lost 200$ already, they will be basically getting there money back thats what i mean, but yea people could always scam no matter what, what must be done is, once a negative report is made, user should be restricted at the market until it's clarified.