Farewell

Raflesia

Heyo,

I've decided to finally post my farewell, now that things have calmed down.

There's not much to say, I also don't really feel like posting my side of the story, there's just one thing I want to share and that is that I wasn't (and still am not) part of the other bot's administrative team, however, I did got asked to develop their new SDN and I did accept that job. So no, I wasn't a 'spy' as many of you thought, it was an one-time job. Anyways, enough of that, I'm not here for forgiveness (nor to safe my alias) but to post my farewell.

If there's one thing that I could change, then I would have resigned before all of this could even happen. Why? I realized, a few weeks after my promotion to administrator, that I couldn't hold the job for long. The motivation and drive I used to have last summer for community management was (and still is) gone. That's why most of you only saw me doing the SDN upload requests, I barely did anything else.

I felt bad for @Maldesto, my position was meant to take some load of his shoulders, and I don't think that he could ever feel that in the time that I was an administrator again. I noticed this myself as well.

That's why I started to guide the person some more that did (and still does) deserve my position, @Smart.

I teached him how the OSBot SDN works, and I would help him with any ACP problems. I notified Smart that I was going to resign soon and that I wanted him to replace me, about a few days before I got demoted (several people can confirm this). My demote ruined his chances, the developers are more strict with @Maldesto now and they don't want him to promote a second admin on this moment. So yep, if I could change one thing then I would have resigned earlier so that you guys could have probably had @Smart as second community manager now on this very moment.

Anyways, enough of that as well. Now my actual farewell.

I've decided to really move on with life, I've had a great time here, especially last summer. OSBot was a really big part of my life and I'm thankful that I was ever given the opertunity to join the OSBot staff team, it was a great experience and it has really changed me as a person. I've had alot of fun here and I've met alot of great people.

It's time for me to let this all go, I've spent alot of time on the computer past years, especially in 2013.

It's time to focus on my IRL and to follow my dreams. My biggest dream ever is to be a pilot and I'm really going to spent most of my time now to study and follow this dream. I'm currently following computer science and I'm going to do Flight Training right after my IT graduation. It's a really hard training and a really expensive study so I have a long path ahead. But I'm going to do this ;D

I wish you all the best of luck in life and in the Runescape botting scene. Thanks for reading and farewell!

Special thanks to:

for ever giving me a chance, I would have missed this whole experience without you.

@Maldesto for giving me another shot, and I'm really sorry that I've damaged your trust. I wish you the best of luck with OSBot.

@Smart simply because I love him <3

@Catastrophe for the great times, and I will definately check your facebook every now and then because you really make me laugh.

@Anne also for the great time here at OSBot, and I will definately stay in touch with you

@Mikasa for still being loyal and awesome

@Alek I know you hate me, but stay awesome man, OSBot needs you

The rest of the staff team, goodluck guys :)

& alot of other people, I can really make a list of ~100 people but I'll keep it at this for now.

Goodbye,

Raflesia. wub.png

• Like 12

Take care.

From computer science to a pilot. Pretty big difference. ohmy.png

Anyway, good luck with your dreams.

Haha yeah it is. tongue.png

I'm following computer science because I can do higher studies when I graduate, so that I can eventually follow Flight Training to become a pilot.

Because Flight Training is on a higher level than my high school certificate allows so they would have denied me.

Edited by Raflesia
  • Like 1

Haha yeah it is. tongue.png

I'm following computer science because I can do higher studies when I graduate, so that I can eventually follow Flight Training to become a pilot.

Because Flight Training is on a higher level than my high school certificate allows so they would have denied me.

Ooh, I see. Alright. :D