OSD and Entitlement

Purple

Just a warning, I'm gonna vent in this thread, so if you don't like reading my wall of hatred then please press the back button. Now that we got that out of the way let's beging, shall we.

To my understanding, my job as a scripter is to maintain a functioning script. God forbid that a few bugs slip by or I'm inactive for 2 weeks while a game changing update happens that alters the game mechanics. I'm talking about updates such as toggle run, quick prayers, widgets changing, and maybe varpbits. I may not be the fastest updater, but I eventually do update my script to reflect the most current revision of runescape.

The dilemma I'm currently in at the momment, is that Maldesto has revoked my script for the 2nd time from the SDN and has punished me for not adding bot detection worlds, despite my script working perfectly fine outside the script's elements, preventing new users from gaining access to the script. I don't see how it's fair that an ANTI BOT  UPDATE  that's supposed to be handled by the developers of the bot, has caused me to lose entitlement over my own script. 

I'm almost 100% sure that the reason my script has been removed and thread locked is because of the new anti bot worlds that have put into effect. I did my job as a scripter and made sure the script worked for my users. However, with the recent people complaining about bans because of ANTI BOT WORLDS, Maldesto thought it was ok to take action because people were charging back for something that's OUTSIDE THE SCRIPT'S BOUNDARIES.

Randoms are controlled by the client right? They happen outside the script's boundaries, yet they are handled by the client. Randoms were designed to universally stop bots. Is that not what anti bot worlds are? They were designed to monitor and stop bots. I'm simply making plugins for software that it supposed to handle these external issues. These randoms and bot worlds aren't bound to one single script, so why is that we are required to handle one and not the other? 

If you wan't to revoke my OSD rank then fine, but I did my job as a scripter. Half of these OSDs if not more don't deserve their rank to begin with. I'm real close to leaving this cry baby community, full of ungrateful runts, who think they deserve the world and don't know what it's like to pay bils and provide for themselves. It's not easy and I'm sorry I can't be here everyday to make sure my script runs 100% perfect for you all. 

Thanks for reading my wall of text and hopefully I won't get shit for this. 

Edited by Purple
  • Like 3

• Administrator

Didn't read the whole thing, because you are just crying like usual, but if you leave for two weeks send the admins a pm and let them know. Maybe respond on your thread more than once a month, you are selling your product to users and have no desire to help anyone who buys your script. No one should buy scripts from users that don't help anyone.

Maldesto thought it was okay to take action because this is the 2nd time you went over 8+ days without logging in the forums once or even checking on your thread within 2 weeks. Sorry you want to bank all this money, yet not help one damn person.

• Like 6

You shouldn't have a script up if you don't have the time to work on it in my opinion.

Unless it's like, a free script.

The people who bought it are paying for you to make sure it's working.

That's like being angry that you got fired from your job for being late/not showing up consistently. 

Edit:

However I do agree that bot worlds should be handled by the client.

Edited by zaros784
  • Like 1

Didn't read the whole thing, because you are just crying like usual, but if you leave for two weeks send the admins a pm and let them know. Maybe respond on your thread more than once a month, you are selling your product to users and have no desire to help anyone who buys your script. No one should buy scripts from users that don't help anyone.

But serious though, the real problem here is the developer ignoring crucial updates that should of be implemented weeks ago. We shouldn't have to their job.

• Administrator

But serious though, the real problem here is the developer ignoring crucial updates that should of be implemented weeks ago. We shouldn't have to their job.

I agree, the client should handle hoping from bot worlds, but it doesn't, so if he leaves and ignores his thread like usual, why would I keep his script on the store. 

I doubt that the only reason you lost OSD was because of anti-bot worlds. But if you're still talking about your run widget id not beign updated that was like a amonth ago at least mate lol like WTF u r 2 slow. The thing is if you're gonna be a prem scripter you're providing a service to your customers (Maintaining the script), and you need to maintain a certain level of quality for your users. It's all about making your user's happy.

TBH, now that I think about it, a certain user satisfaction rating should be REQUIRED on all premium scripts to keep OSD.

Edited by Deffiliate

• Administrator

zETsVP2YI.png

Script work's fine. BOT DETECTION should be handled by the client, not the script. 

But it isn't, and you can add it in the script, therefore it should be added to maintain your script until its added client side. Simple as that.

stop trying to justify your week vacations from the site because you don't want to help your customers.

• Like 3