Regarding spam.

Rhymes

Thanks to anyone reading this topic.

I have been a member of Osbot for roughly a month now and I noticed there is alot of spam floating around.

This kind of annoys me because of the follow things:

1)Spam is simply annoying, I think everyone would agree

2)It gives members the advantage of gaining an x amount of posts in a short time therefore an x amount of trust. (<- I know posts/join date etc should not count as ANY form of trust, it does though.)

3)Serious topics get trolled/clutched with spam post

4)There is a fucking spam forum?

Example 1: Topics 

T3Rrxqw.png

6bF7tIV.png

I have nothing against both OPs but there are lots of threads out there regarding the exact same topic, yet there are threads made daily about it aswell.

This is a botting forum, dont be surprised if you get banned/watched/flagged.

These threads also give opportunities for example 2

Example 2: Posts ''gg'' ''sorry'' ''me too''

pih43U5.png

FCaONmK.png

I respect everyones opinion but if you have one and decide to post on a thread, please use arguments to back it up so you actually contribute to the topic/thread/discussion.

I am sure the moderators to what they can to prevent this but it doesn't seem to help at all.

Solution 1: Stickys

Stick every important topic that alot of members have made threads about such as bans and botworlds.

Solution 2: Simply infract everyone who breaks this

If you decide to post please do so with this topic in mind. If you feel like spamming go here.

Sorry if this wasnt that well written, I still hoped you enjoyed it.

Edited by Rhymes

I'm not too fussed. Its not annoying me, If i don't want to see it I don't click on the thread, simple as.

This just doesnt make any sense because you dont know if there is any spam until you clicked it.

And I wouldn't care either if a member posted something spamworthy once in a while but it is exceeding the limits in my opinion.

I try to report as much but I am not camping Osbot 24/7.

Neither are the mods. It's voluntary work and it's hard enough keeping everything in order. I'm sure stuff as small as that isn't high on their to do list and they get to it when they can.

I don't really see it as a big problem, unless it's just continual/gradual, which at that point should then be looked at. If they do it once here and there, it's not that big a problem to be honest.

Neither are the mods. It's voluntary work and it's hard enough keeping everything in order. I'm sure stuff as small as that isn't high on their to do list and they get to it when they can.

I don't really see it as a big problem, unless it's just continual/gradual, which at that point should then be looked at. If they do it once here and there, it's not that big a problem to be honest.

I never complained or blamed about the moderators at all because I understand their position aswell, I only praised them for what they are doing good.

And as I mentioned earlier aswell, I wouldn't care if theres a spam post here and there, but at this point it already is continual and on a big scale.

I never complained or blamed about the moderators at all because I understand their position aswell, I only praised them for what they are doing good.

And as I mentioned earlier aswell, I wouldn't care if theres a spam post here and there, but at this point it already is continual and on a big scale.

Then just report the people doing so. Go to their profile - bottom right of page, I believe - and click the report member and type in spamming or something. Staff will look into it and delete spam posts.

Like @RoomScape said, we try out best to get rid of spam / useless posts on a daily basis. However, we're only human. We will definitely miss a few here and there, and that's where you guys come in. Reporting content by community members is essential if we're going to keep the forum clean. We always appreciate the extra help!

• Like 3

I can tell you didnt even read everything so why bother posting?

Post count, more than likely.

However, instead of quoting his post/replying to it - and having them now have the urge to reply back to it - why not just report it as spam and have it end right then and there? Replying to what people say usually makes them either defend themself or get out another point for the hell of it. Not replying and just reporting gets rid of all that nonsense.