Community Minecraft server

Booch

Goodmorning first of all. Was in chat earlier and the idea popped out to create a community based Minecraft server. As I've played Minecraft before I know it's a cool relaxing game and something I used to play back when I used to bot(RIP main) but gets boring playing alone.

I was thinking about gathering up a select few(At start) to put up and maintain a whitelist server. Why whitelist? Basically to avoid trolls, if this does happen, you'd have to apply for a spot into the server so that you won't get all your precious stuff stolen.

As far as maintenance goes, it's only fair that whoever wants to join pays the small(very small..) monthly split between the number of players, this money will be requested one week prior to pay day to make sure nobody has to take out anything extra from their pocket.

This way we can provide a nice stable server with a good number of people, possibly using Raidcall we can go around and chill.

As far as gameplay goes, I'm aware there are ALOT of modpacks so I'd kindly ask you to suggest ONE(And only stable ones please) modpack, such as FTB, Galacticraft and so on and please only post if you think you'd join.

If you do know how to properly maintain a server, please PM me.

• Like 2

Oh man, I LOVE this idea. Will definately play if this idea comes through. As for gamemode, I'd vote for kingdom. Its a gamemode, where you build a castle on a piece of land, then after you all finished the castles, let the war begin! Ofcourse its not easy to fight a castle, you must first find it in a large world. I really love this gamemode, because its about trust and betraying. You could team up with a kingdom, or betray them. I'd love to do this with you guys, but we will need about 10+ players. Thanks for reading lads. :D

• Like 2

"As far as maintenance goes, it's only fair that whoever wants to join pays the small(very small..) monthly split between the number of players, this money will be requested one week prior to pay day to make sure nobody has to take out anything extra from their pocket."

I don't like this part, the one who makes this idea happen should pay for the host.

If i got something wrong, explain yourself, otherwise someone would make money off from OSBot community.

Edited by iJodix

"As far as maintenance goes, it's only fair that whoever wants to join pays the small(very small..) monthly split between the number of players, this money will be requested one week prior to pay day to make sure nobody has to take out anything extra from their pocket."

I don't like this part, the one who makes this idea happen should pay for the host.

If i got something wrong, explain yourself, otherwise someone would make money off from OSBot community.

If you read the title correctly you'll realise. This is a COMMUNITY server, this is not Official OSBot Minecraft server, this is not Booch's Minecraft server. It's a community server were we all gather up, pay a few pennies and play together and have some fun.

I've hosted a MC server in the past and used Beastnode as host which I recommend but that's your call.

I've worked on 2 MC PvP servers, which took a lot of work, both doing really good.

1 of them is hosted on Beastnode, the other one is hosted at home.

Ah alright, and how much might it cost to run a decent server and maintain it?

So far got 4 people in total who are willing to join the server

Once I hit 10 people who are SURE they're joining I'll look into making this :)

Edited by Booch

How many players are we talking about?

Note: A Minecraft server is easy to DDoS, alot of those hosts have "controlpanels" where you can log into and change this in your server. The problem with DDoS is that your server will automatically restart but most of the times your controlpanel will still be offline. Hosting a server, a decent one, requires a DDoS protection aswell, and that isn't cheap.

If you just want it to be a simple server, I'd suggest to take a host up to 20-50 players and don't get a DDoS protection. ( this costs about 20$ per month which is pretty cheap. )

Edited by Bondar