Replying to your own thread.

Ambassador

I don't support, people over use the bump not mentioning names but a few people bump their thread over 10 times a day.

This is 4 posts over like 1 week.

3fdbU.png

I tried to screen shot an order and post it for someone and it adds to my main posts and looks like garbage.

3fddf.jpg

I won't let this go by as something to prevent spam because it is such an inconvenience for shops and the customers.

• Administrator

I'd say make the merge post last for about 4 hours, then you can double post.

Four hours is way to short, people bump their thread like 10 times a day, when it is the second post on the page they still bump it, like that matters. Instead of waiting until its on page two, they bump if someone else is on top.

The buyer couldn't post because the thread was locked.

They had 30 posts so we both thought that Services section requires 100 posts+ because everyone else had 100 posts+.

Regardless, just make post counts not count in Market then. 

Why do you care of someone spams? Give them a warning. It's pretty easy to see if someone was bumping their shops a bunch of times. Kati should add the bump button that allows you to bump every 24 hours....

I'd say make the merge post last for about 4 hours, then you can double post.

Well said.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I agree a bump system should be added, but until then I can't warn them since the post are merging and it isn't causing a post count increase.

@alex there is no reason to bump a thread that many times if your still on the first page, that is why the posts merge, as everyone wants their thread on the top which if its on the first page people see it.

Honestly.

Rules for Marketplace:

1. Your own posts don't bump thread.

2. Your own posts do not merge to older posts above.

3. You may bump your thread by pushing the bump button every 24 hours.

4. Your forum gets a bump when a customer posts an order. (since it's a new post)

The other day I posted an update not a bump on my thread. My shop was on the 2nd page for awhile. Right after I updated my thread. There was like 5 other people that just posted "bump" on theirs and mine got pushed down again lol.