Please!?

Zac

sure its going to go to waste, but that idea that i would go inactive for a period and someone could just take my name bothers me.

So when i come back sure i could request my name back but i also wouldn't be able to login because my name had been changed.

Then i get stuck in the process of trying to retrieve my username, which is just an inconvenience on people

sure its going to go to waste, but that idea that i would go inactive for a period and someone could just take my name bothers me.

So when i come back sure i could request my name back but i also wouldn't be able to login because my name had been changed.

Then i get stuck in the process of trying to retrieve my username, which is just an inconvenience on people

u never changed ur name before????

ur login stays the same lol.

u never changed ur name before????

ur login stays the same lol.

Honestly no, never had the need.

98% of the time no one has this particular username that I've used for years so I don't have that problem.

I think that if this is going to be a thing than it needs to be managed a little bit.

I'm not sure how detailed these types of things are on the back end as far as logging the names changes. Maybe  a specific thread just for this, like they have for the title changes, could be created instead of getting a new thread for each one.

im just saying ur not even 100 posts and it should be left for a person whos ALOT MORE ACTIVE with that name to grab. whos to say u will be here in a months time.

Who is to say that 100 posts isn't really active for some one who doesn't have much time through out the day to get on the site.

Maybe there should be standards put into place for name changes.

ie.

post count, how long have you been a member, how long as the other person been inactive for, do they have a post count 

Who is to say that 100 posts isn't really active for some one who doesn't have much time through out the day to get on the site.

Maybe there should be standards put into place for name changes.

ie.

post count, how long have you been a member, how long as the other person been inactive for, do they have a post count 

Exactly, I have been lurking around forums like these since 2010. The number of posts i have or hours online on this website makes no difference at all. But whatever, I was simply asking as I have the same forum name on another popular forum and it'd be awesome to have the same name for marketing purposes.