SDN Scripter Name Color

Nezz

I realize I suggested this a while ago. But new information recently came to me that I didn't know, and that I believe supports the name color even more:

1. SDN Scripters get multiple bot tabs. FOR FREE.

2. SDN Scripters get no ads. FOR FREE.

3. SDN Scripters have access to VIP/Sponsor/etc forum page. FOR FREE.

SDN Scripter = VIP but with no name color change.

You're telling me I have to pay ten dollars/month for a colored name? Because that's literally the only benefit you're offering me.

Sure, I get 10% off scripts, but 90% of the time I just write my own if I need it, and if I'm going to purchase a script I'm happy to pay the full 100% to support the scripter and osbot.

Shit, I'd rather pay 100% so that you guys don't take away from their money to pay for the VIP sponsorship.

I don't see the problem of giving SDN Scripter a colored name. I really don't. It can't be that much work to add it.

All I want is a colored name. :|

And if you're going to say no because "OSD has colored name" then make the OSD application process better, because Alek has been telling me he'd go through applications for the few days, but hasn't. Frost's has been there since February 28th.

If you counted the 30% you take from my scripts as donations, I'd be yellow, on my way to 500.

Yet you're *still* telling me I don't deserve a colored name?

Benefits of adding a colored name:

Recognizable in chat.

Easier for new people to find someone to ask for help.

A name that actually means something more than "I gave money to osbot"

It would make me (and I'm sure a lot of other scripters) happy. <3

Note:
It's not that I am not grateful for the benefits offered by SDN. I just disagree that you have to pay to get a colored name.

You have been given all those permissions, yet you are wanting even more. I think you have enough, we won't be implementing this, if you want a color change, feel free to buy vip/sponsor, or even increase your knowledge in java. Take your chances at applying for OSD.

Read my post above yours please.

#bringbacktrial

You have been given all those permissions, yet you are wanting even more. I think you have enough, we won't be implementing this, if you want a color change, feel free to buy vip/sponsor, or even increase your knowledge in java. Take your chances at applying for OSD.

I did apply. Alek has been telling me the last few nights that he will look at applications, but hasn't.

The only benefit you're giving me for buying VIP is a name color.

Like I said, it's not that I don't appreciate it.

I just don't understand why you guys refuse to add it.

• Administrator

I did apply. Alek has been telling me the last few nights that he will look at applications, but hasn't.

The only benefit you're giving me for buying VIP is a name color.

Like I said, it's not that I don't appreciate it.

I just don't understand why you guys refuse to add it.

There are over 50 + sdn scripters, why would we want 50 people having color that we will have to keep removing and adding within a few weeks. People don't earn their color when being an sdn scripter, half the time they are removed within a few weeks for not updating. 

• Like 1

I used to not support this, but now I do. SDN scripters are the reason OSBot exists and the fact that VIP is appreciated over SDN scripter is sad and quite honestly a bit offensive. SDN scripters deserve a colored name.

Now, the argument that we should apply for OSD is simply not a good one. OSD application process is sometimes non existent because after an app is submitted it can (literally) take months to be reviewed. I hope we can work towards a solution that will either make the OSD application process better, or give SDN scripters the recognition they deserve.

• Like 1

There are over 50 + sdn scripters, why would we want 50 people having color that we will have to keep removing and adding within a few weeks. People don't earn their color when being an sdn scripter, half the time they are removed within a few weeks for not updating. 

Then why give any benefits at all?

You guys should have a script that adds/removes benefits for ranks given. This is an automation site. If you're telling me you do this by hand, I'm going to be disappointed. :|

Or make it harder for a script to get on the SDN.

For instance:

Require at least one script on the free SDN for a month before allowing them to put in a premium SDN script.

SDN scripter rank should only be given to premium SDN scripters.

Or as Swizz suggested, a trial rank.

But all I'm asking for is a colored name. ;-;

^On that note, if someone adds a free SDN script, they're getting VIP for free.

Being known as a scripter is a huge deal itself. You guys get lots of benefits to start with.

Please don't be selfish now, you make money + you want more and more benefits dry.png

It's not like I'm asking for a bunch of benefits. I'm asking for a colored name. :|

People don't know you as a scripted until you either tell them, or if they've bought one of your scripts.

But when people come into chat and ask for help, it encourages them to know they're being helped by someone who has a script on the SDN. A colored name would help this out.

This isn't a huge benefit. This wouldn't be a whole lot of work to add.

All it will do is encourage people to keep SDN scripter rank (for the colored name and recognition)

it will help new scripters to find out who to ask for scripting help (especially on issues with SDN)

it will give more recognition for those who have scripter rank.

I honestly can not see one downside to adding this other than "We have to remove it every time someone stops updating their script" which should be automated. If it isn't, then it should take someone 5 minutes to automate it.

• Like 1