Idea to help against Fakes/imposters

Nicholas

What people don't get is that when you enter a Skype, it gives you a lot of suggestions to other people, however the first person on the list is the person you're trying to add. Everyone else are just suggestions in case you mistyped the name in Skype.

If you mistype the name in Skype, it gives you the closest match it thinks is correct.

If you add my Skype (live:roomscape), the first one is me, however the 2nd and 3rd and so on are other people with similar names that Skype is suggesting in case you mistyped my name.

It's honestly not that hard to figure out. You can also right click on the name before you add the person to see their Skype name to verify whether or not they're the right person.

That's a good idea, but many people already have that and their skypes in their signature. What we should really do is encourage PMing the seller and verifying that the seller is legitimate as opposed to an imposter.

this. They all have their Skype either in their sig, in the service thread or their profile page.

Besides, it's the buyers fault if they add the wrong Skype...they should always double check. the seller/buyer should ask for pms if they're still not sure

• Administrator

Just stating what your skype is in your signature area would be good enough.

You do know he already mentioned why the button would be better, because people can impostor skypes and make it look like theirs is the same. If you search someones name and they have posers it will bring up a few users that look identical.

I support this and think it would be a great requirement to help from impostors.

You do know he already mentioned why the button would be better, because people can impostor skypes and make it look like theirs is the same. If you search someones name and they have posers it will bring up a few users that look identical.

I support this and think it would be a great requirement to help from impostors.

A simple PM requirement is 10x safer :)

You do realize how easy it would be for me to make an impostor skype, change the link in my skype button to make people add my impostor skype rather than my real skype, scam them, then change my skype back to how it originally was...

I can see people doing exactly as I said in the future. You shouldn't force people to use it. So long as they have their skype public, that should suffice. People just need to learn how to read, add skypes and trade safely.

I've added dozens of skypes and never added an impostors skype before. It's honestly just common sense...

You can't do everything for a child, such as giving them everything they want, making sure they never get injured and being there at a whims notice and not expect them to grow up as a well mannered young person. They will be a spoiled brat that wants everything their way.

Although I know there are a lot of impostors, people just need to learn how to read and PM...