Disallow certain words in thread titles.

RoomScape

I see too many threads saying 'trusted', 'safe', 'reliable', 'x offsite fb', etc.

All of these words deceive the customers, whether it's true or not. I've seen scammers have that in thread titles of that and it just shouldn't be allowed.

You should be able to advertise stuff you can prove such as fb, ranks, etc. You can't prove whether someone's actually trusted or safe since you can't see the future and what their actions will be in the future.

Also, offsite fb shouldn't be counted, especially since we can't even link to other sites.

• Like 7

I see too many threads saying 'trusted', 'safe', 'reliable', 'x offsite fb', etc.

All of these words deceive the customers, whether it's true or not. I've seen scammers have that in thread titles of that and it just shouldn't be allowed.

You should be able to advertise stuff you can prove such as fb, ranks, etc. You can't prove whether someone's actually trusted or safe since you can't see the future and what their actions will be in the future.

Also, offsite fb shouldn't be counted, especially since we can't even link to other sites.

I agree trusted should not be allowed and neither should offsite feedback.  I disagree with reliable.  Reliable just says that you can complete on time in my opinion.

• Like 1

That's deceiving people and shouldn't be allowed. It's false advertisement.

Like I said, that's a form of advertising. Like my example said that it's not false advertisement if you're saying that you have THE BEST goods of some kind.

I'm just telling you how the Dutch law is =). There was a judgment of the Supreme Court in the Netherlands about this. Yes, there are limits in advertising, but this shouldn't be a limit.

Words like 'trusted' and 'safe' depend on an opinion, maybe the advertisers thinks he's trusted or idk.

• Like 1

Like I said, that's a form of advertising. Like my example said that it's not false advertisement if you're saying that you have THE BEST goods of some kind.

I'm just telling you how the Dutch law is =). There was a judgment of the Supreme Court in the Netherlands about this. Yes, there are limits in advertising, but this shouldn't be a limit.

Words like 'trusted' and 'safe' depend on an opinion, maybe the advertisers thinks he's trusted or idk.

I'm not talking about Dutch law, so that's totally irrelevant to this thread.

Everyone thinks they're trusted, even scammers. Why wouldn't you consider yourself trusted?

I honestly don't care about opinions. Opinions shouldn't be in market, it should be in the community discussion section: http://osbot.org/forum/forum/160-community-discussion/

Market is for trading and there is no use for opinions in the market.

The words are just used to attract customers. It's the buyers responsibility to decide who to trust. The same amount of scams will happen regardless of this change.

Customers are relatively stupid when it comes to trading - no offense meant. They just don't know how to trade safely and they go for whatever they can find and whoever has the best price. Naturally, before they do any of this, they see a bunch of thread titles. If they see one guy saying trusted/safe, they will in turn go to him because of that advertisement.

Most people don't know how to trade safely and they go to people who have trusted/safe/etc in their thread title and this just shouldn't be allowed.

• Like 1