Shove the rules down peoples throats (;

Basic

I think that you should force everyone to read the rules every 24 hours. 

You must hit the agree button or else you cannot see anything on the forum, whatsoever. 

We only have 500 hits on our rule page, while we get 1.2k users on a day. This is quite baloney >.> 

This should be your only pre-warning. (Meaning no private messages to settle down, etc etc etc) If you accepted the rules, you should abide by them to the fullest!

• Like 1

Not a bad idea, but how many people would actually read the rules? Instead just let them post and get warning points for not reading the rules beforehand. 

We don't want user banned. That would reduce our user count for a stupid reason.

We want our whole community to follow the rules, and if it is showing up for them everyday. I'm pretty sure in a weeks time EVERYONE would have read the rules. 

Plus, right now people don't even look at the direct forums unless they are posting a topic themselves. I myself just use the tabs above and the "View New Content" button and set the settings to my pleasure if I'm just browsing. 

So if you think this is just a little overboard (I really think it's a good idea sad.png ) then why not add a redirect tab for the rules?

• Administrator

I agree 100%, I feel we are to easy on people. People get pms from me every day saying please stop instead of just warning them.  Also, the site will get the reputation of "you can do anything there" because we don't enforce the spam rule 100%. I delete over 10+ posts an hour while online of spam, and numerous times it is from the same person.  Not my choice though. I feel people just spam and spam, because they know there aren't being a lot of warnings out there. "Oh they will just delete my post let me keep spamming"

• Like 1

I think the rules should remain optional to read as it is now, but if you break a rule you should be penalized as if you have known about the rule even if you haven't read it.

As far as making someone agree every 24 hours to the rules etc, that is overkill. 

No support.

So if you think this is just a little overboard (I really think it's a good idea sad.png ) then why not add a redirect tab for the rules?

lgtedfb.png

• Administrator

Every 24 hours would be too annoying. Just give people warnings/bans if they break the rules.

You know how many warnings would be handed out in a 24 hour span. I bet if this was the case, people would stop breaking the rules, as they wouldn't want to get a temporary ban, yet we are supposed to give chances and chances until it is too much.

3arJI.png

2 things wrong. 

1. Only 521 hits when we get 1.2k daily.

We want our whole community to follow the rules, and if it is showing up for them everyday. I'm pretty sure in a weeks time EVERYONE would have read the rules. 

Plus, right now people don't even look at the direct forums unless they are posting a topic themselves. I myself just use the tabs above and the "View New Content" button and set the settings to my pleasure if I'm just browsing. 

You know how many warnings would be handed out in a 24 hour span. I bet if this was the case, people would stop breaking the rules, as they wouldn't want to get a temporary ban, yet we are supposed to give chances and chances until it is too much.

Well being a moderator, your job is to watch and maintain the forums, I suppose if something would make your job easier I am for it, but then again we have to think about new people coming onto the site. We wouldn't want to "shove the rules down peoples throats" to the point that we scare them away/frighten them to where they do not want to post.

It is a touchy subject and lots of opinions are put forth about how hard to push the rules. But I think we need to have a nice balance in between. To show people they can not break the rules but they can still have some fun on the forums.

Edited by Smart

• Administrator

Shoving them down the throat was a bit harsh, but I mean at this time we are to easy on people. I've deleted over 5 + posts from one person within 24 hours and don't warn them. They know they are spamming. I'm sick of people knowing they are spamming, but hey I don't make the rules. I'm done posting here. Hope something happens in the future that stops the spamming. I agree that is what I'm here for, but yeah I'm here for a lot of stuff, I don't want my job to be easier, as it is fairly simple as of now, I just want people to stop spamming. That is in no way saying I can't handle it. I'm just saying, why allow it, if we can stop it?

Well being a moderator, your job is to watch and maintain the forums, I suppose if something would make your job easier I am for it, but then again we have to think about new people coming onto the site. We wouldn't want to "shove the rules down peoples throats" to the point that we scare them away/frighten them to where they do not want to post.

It is a touchy subject and lots of opinions are put forth about how hard to push the rules. But I think we need to have a nice balance in between. To show people they can not break the rules but they can still have some fun on the forums.

It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. (The thread title)

It just fits with what I was trying to explain. 

I just want something changed, for the better of the site. We're growing more and more everyday, we can't be acting like a new forum for long.

That is the point of a warning. They are supposed to be handed out when people break the rules. If you need to ban them for breaking the rules, then go ahead.