Feedback on Mods.

Brick

I don't understand why mods wouldn't be allowed to participate in the market on OSBot. To me that sounds a little ass-backwards..

If you really put some thought into what goes on in the market, I feel as if the mods should be allowed to do as they please in the market (services, GP). If they provide legitimate services, they become more trusted and show that they are actually genuine. I don't really understand. But as for genuine mods on OSBot, I will give my point of view.

The only feedback i can give on mods is through what i SEE. I don't know any personally, i just want to point out the fact that mod Maldestro isn't an efficient mod. From what I've seen from him is that he's a very biased person, he's a dick alot of the time, he's given warnings for the wrong reasons, It feels as if he's overpowered. There's nothing I can do, but just give my feedback. Nothing against him or any other of the mods/admin here. I just know that dealing with others, they are VERY helpful/genuine people (Rare, Koy) and it feels like there's no reason to keep them out of the market. Please consider these things for letting mods on the market.

Edited by Brick

• Developer

Several members of the community were indeed the first ones to suggest banning moderators from the market. There have been numerous instances of moderators scamming people by using their position of trust. I do see where several of the mods are coming from though. From what I've heard, @Rare was already trusted on the market before he became moderator. It will take time to consider this matter. If you have an opinion on this matter and explain your reasons, feel free to post and let us know.

• Developer

I agree with you about Maldesto, he properly illustrates how to be a poor moderator. Now my opinion on the market issue, I believe that only Rare should be granted access to the market due to his prior status.

I understand your view. But I don't think it's a good idea to make an exception for one person without giving the same opportunity for others. If we do this, there will need to be some guidelines on it that allow other moderators to also enter the market.

• Like 1

I just want to say that one time when I was selling Rare 2M 07 RSGP, I gave him the money first. A few minutes later, it seemed as though there was a misunderstanding and he didn't have the sufficient funds at the time for paying me. Instead of holding on to my money and saying "I'll pay you back another time" I was given the RSGP within seconds of him discovering there wasn't enough money in the paypal account. 

• Administrator

I don't agree with you that I am biased. Is it I'm biased or you are? I never target anyone if I see a spam post or a report I handle it accordingly to how I was told to, if you are still referring to basic being banned, why aren't you blaming Kati or e other mods that warned him before I did. It took all 3 of us to have him suspended for one day. Just lime it is for any person. It would be different if I was banning people left and right I've no one. I warned a person for spamming and it so happened to be his last warning before a ban. Obviously he had been warned before and should have learned. Also I'm the only mod that pm people numerous times before warning them. The people I help on a daily basis thank me all the time. Maybe you should try to get to know someone before you judge them. Here say is doing no good here if you haven't had an encounter with me and just here stories it isn't good to judge someone off that. Think about this if you are talking about someone at school wi your friends are you going to make yourself look good or bad? I in no way target anyone. I apologize if I make a mistake i admit it as soon as I realized it. I feel bad everyone has this image on me. I in no way want that. I never figured being the new mod I'd get so much disrespect from people. I don't know what else to say.

I don't agree with you that I am biased. Is it I'm biased or you are? I never target anyone if I see a spam post or a report I handle it accordingly to how I was told to, if you are still referring to basic being banned, why aren't you blaming Kati or e other mods that warned him before I did. It took all 3 of us to have him suspended for one day. Just lime it is for any person. It would be different if I was banning people left and right I've no one. I warned a person for spamming and it so happened to be his last warning before a ban. Obviously he had been warned before and should have learned. Also I'm the only mod that pm people numerous times before warning them. The people I help on a daily basis thank me all the time. Maybe you should try to get to know someone before you judge them. Here say is doing no good here if you haven't had an encounter with me and just here stories it isn't good to judge someone off that. Think about this if you are talking about someone at school wi your friends are you going to make yourself look good or bad? I in no way target anyone. I apologize if I make a mistake i admit it as soon as I realized it. I feel bad everyone has this image on me. I in no way want that. I never figured being the new mod I'd get so much disrespect from people. I don't know what else to say.

Please refer to "The only feedback i can give on mods is through what i SEE. I don't know any personally," in the OP.

Its not judgement. Its from someone on the outside of a situation looking in at you.

And I dont think this has anything to do with being the "New mod"

No hate but Maldesto u saying something about spam...... when Dopey has a post of u registered for 3 days and about 90 posts.......... 

Oh yeah, so now no mod can be in the market section?(just clarifying) 

No hate but Maldesto u saying something about spam...... when Dopey has a post of u registered for 3 days and about 90 posts.......... 

Oh yeah, so now no mod can be in the market section?(just clarifying) 

I'm pretty sure that Mods can be allowed to offer services in the Marketplace or sell anything, items or gp.

But I'm not intending to create a hate circle for Mald. 

I'm giving my feedback.

..In the feedback section.

Regarding your view of Maldesto, I'm sure he's done allot of good things for people which has gone unnoticed.

Also i agree with stopping mods from conducting trades, Everyone will buy from the Mod as he's a trusted member. Therefore leaving all standard members fighting for a foothold on the market.

Now there's room for new sellers to move up and become market leaders.