Moderators and the Market

Toadfly

To be perfectly honest, I think removing Moderators from the market is a silly move. Moderators around OSBot that regularly play Runescape (made up of mostly on Rare) they can then use their status and sell things easier on the marketplace. Given that, I think the moderators deserve that, they can be trusted and they can trade with people and the community will have a place they can always go for a service and not have to worry about being scammed, or ripped off. I seriously think moderators NEED to be a part of the market.

• Like 2

Granite there is always a chance of ANYONE scamming. It's still good to have that option to use someone with more trust than the average user.

Regardless if they scam or not.

What makes me different than a normal user? Beside the fact that I am a mod?

I gained my trust before I became moderator.

I earned my position.

• Like 1

Granite there is always a chance of ANYONE scamming. It's still good to have that option to use someone with more trust than the average user.

Regardless if they scam or not.

What makes me different than a normal user? Beside the fact that I am a mod?

I gained my trust before I became moderator.

I earned my position.

Support

admins pls

EDIT

I just want to say that one time when I was selling Rare 2M 07 RSGP, I gave him the money first. A few minutes later, it seemed as though there was a misunderstanding and he didn't have the sufficient funds at the time for paying me. Instead of holding on to my money and saying "I'll pay you back another time" I was given the RSGP within seconds of him discovering there wasn't enough money in the paypal account. 

Edited by occazn
  • Like 1

• Developer

Several members of the community were the first ones to suggest banning moderators from the market (this was a while ago). There have been numerous instances of moderators scamming people by using their position of trust. I do see where several of the mods are coming from though. From what I've gathered from this thread, @Rare was already trusted on the market before he became moderator. It will take time to consider this matter. If you have an opinion on this matter and explain your reasons, feel free to post and let us know.

• Like 1

• Administrator

We all have the option to resign if we want to participate. I respect the admins decision. This is the early stages of this community, right now, it is crucial that we have nothing of the sort like a moderator scamming. Not saying the current mods will, but it is always a possibility and that isn't good for the image of a newer site. I agree it sucks for rare as he has a lot of feedback and trust. I also just started in the market two days before it was found that we weren't allowed in it. It sucked deleting my own feedback. I also feel like people seeing a moderator status gives them the inclination of trust which it should in my opinion. If we are trusted to moderate the forums. I feel that we should be allowed. I just would hate to see someone scammed, especially by the a staff member. One scammed is one to many.

Well then perhaps only some moderators can be opened to the Market? People such as Rare, who has 15 positive feedback, and 0 negative feedback. I've seen quite a few trades with him 10m+ and we need somebody like that, like Smart said:

to take him away is a big portion of the market.

Not to mention he also was trusted and did a lot of trading before he became moderator.

I agree, removing mods from the market isn't that smart of a move. What are you saying by removing them from the market? Can we not trust our own moderators? I mean, come on, @Rare did not deserve to have his feedback taken and shops closed. In my eyes, making moderators unable to participate in the market says three things to me, which are : You can't trust a mod, a regular member can do something a mod can't, and if you want to make 07gp, and make gfx for others, don't be a mod.

I agree with this.

Rare was most trusted and earned it. You tookit away from him and now I will go cry.