* @author Reid (PurpleKush)
	 * @param currVersion
	 * @param txtLoc
	 * @throws IOException
	 */
	public static void versionCheck(final String currVersion,
		final String txtLoc) throws IOException {
		final URL url = new URL(txtLoc);
		final BufferedReader file = new BufferedReader(new InputStreamReader(url.openStream()));
		final String onlineVersion = file.readLine();
		file.close();
		if (!onlineVersion.equals(currVersion)) {
			System.out.println("Version is Out of date");
			JOptionPane.showMessageDialog(null,"Script is Out of date, get latest jar from thread!!!");
		} else {
			System.out.println("Version is Up to date");
		}
	}

uh

how do I run dat doe

call versionCheck(final String currVersion, final String txtLoc) where currVersion is the local script's current version, and txtLoc is the location of an online .txt file containing only the version number (or a blank HTML site containing the same thing).

Poor implementation, imo. Should be a boolean returning if it's current, not a void.

Edited by Toph

call versionCheck(final String currVersion, final String txtLoc) where currVersion is the local script's current version, and txtLoc is the location of an online .txt file containing only the version number (or a blank HTML site containing the same thing).

Poor implementation, imo. Should be a boolean returning if it's current, not a void.

Agreed, this was one of my first java project lol i haven't updated it

• Like 1

soo how do I use this? I have own website where I can host a html file containing the current version, but how do I get it to this script? Do I have to replace te textLoc and  currVersion with something? please someone help me

txtLoc is the location of the file with the version and current version is....the current version