Limit the market talk in the chatbox

Swizzbeat

I agree, sometimes (read: almost all the time) the chat box turns into a mini marketplace, and everyone gets offended when you ask them to stop posting services >.>

Edit: okay i join chat and there's a service war going on, personally I'd say no service talk in the chat box, every single time I'm in there there're people bitching at each other.

Edited by BiscuitMan
  • Like 1

Maybe this should just be a rule that is listed right before you enter the chat. The CBAs can monitor this and give a warning (not actual forums warning, but like "you can't keep spamming your market stuff in the chat") and if they continue to do it, ban them from the chat.

Is it possible to add a time stamp of some sort to the messages?

If that was the case, couldn't they just alter the message a bit and it will work fine?

Why not just make the rule NO marketplace advertisements? If someone needs a service done I doubt the chat box is the place they'll go to look for one. The only purpose those messages serve is to annoy the people having a good time in there.

That's actually a really good point, I support this. Half the communities I've been on despite some actually being just a completely market related site don't even allow it.