More Script Managers or an Updated System

Pandemic

I fully understand the importance of manual verification of possible SDN scripts for the safety of the users of OSBot, but I think by practically forcing script writers that spend their time making scripts for this website/bot (which takes a nice chunk of profit out of) to wait incredible lengths of time (myself, 8 days so far for one script) to finally get scripts on the SDN, you're the ones that are pushing away potential scripters.

Now I don't know if the issue lies with Alek not doing his job (not saying it is at all), or if it's simply way too much for one person to handle. Regardless, something should change, whether that be add 1-2 more script managers, or create some sort of automated system that marks suspicious scripts to be manually reviewed (using getPassword() methods, etc.).

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr: Add more script managers = make script writers happier = more money for OSBot

I personally think managing the SDN is too much work for one person, and there needs to be another person helping Alek. I'm a bit sketchy on the automated system because if something did get through then there is no one to take the fall. I'm no scripter but from what I hear there defo needs to be another SDN manager as waiting 8 days + to get a script on the SDN seems way too long.

I agree, @Alek is doing a great job however I do think it would be in the communities best interest to at least have one other person helping out. The issue seems to be finding someone capable of having the job but also be trustworthy.

As for an automated compiling system it would be extremely easy to bypass this considering the scripter can use any names for their methods. What could be a "getPassword()" method can easily be called something like "netFishingSpot()" and get right through the systems checker.

• Like 1

Friday I was at work for 12-13 hours, last night I went out drinking to celebrate finishing my finals, today I am going through SDN Upload requests.

Edit: It's also not as simple as just giving someone the access. That person has to get trained, we have to worry about how trustworthy that person is, we have the new SDN system which Zach made, we need to scope out and find someone who is competent with java to review scripts, etc.

I'm all for having another person as a manager, but I don't think there is anyone in the community I could really trust besides a few select people who would NOT want to do this.

• Like 1

I fully understand the importance of manual verification of possible SDN scripts for the safety of the users of OSBot, but I think by practically forcing script writers that spend their time making scripts for this website/bot (which takes a nice chunk of profit out of) to wait incredible lengths of time (myself, 8 days so far for one script) to finally get scripts on the SDN, you're the ones that are pushing away potential scripters.

Now I don't know if the issue lies with Alek not doing his job (not saying it is at all), or if it's simply way too much for one person to handle. Regardless, something should change, whether that be add 1-2 more script managers, or create some sort of automated system that marks suspicious scripts to be manually reviewed (using getPassword() methods, etc.).

Thanks for reading.

tl;dr: Add more script managers = make script writers happier = more money for OSBot

hahaha 8 days that's nothing people like me before alek were here and before raf had powers were waiting months for scripts..