SDN Script Packaging.

NotoriousPP

So this wouldn't have usually bothered me, but having my last 4 uploads request shot down because of incorrect packaging. Yet there is NOTHING stating anything about packaging. I believe there should be at least something on the request page to inform people, so they don't sit day after day waiting for their script to be uploaded, just to find out you messed up because of something you had no warning for beforehand.

upload_SDN.png

Which I think if your going to repeatedly deny a script because of this reason, there should be at least note, or a warning on the upload guide. Because the packaging that is required is not a packaging I would in a project outside of OSBot, (OSBot: src>javafiles; My other projects: src>org>etc>subfolders>javafiles). 

My suggestion is to make a note/warning on the upload request page, maybe even a guide on packaging and not just setting up Git, OR have @Alek be a little more helpful when it comes to this subject, because all I get from him is the same response, "You packaged it incorrectly.", and although I ask questions, they are all responded with "You packaged it incorrectly.".

Just my suggestion to help new scriptwriters get their scripts uploaded or reviewed sooner, and not immediately denied because of something that is not stated anywhere.

Agreed, the first time I tried to set up SmartGit/Bitbucket I had @Raflesia tell me to change probably 8 different things.

It does tell you to create a src folder for your files in the guide by , however I think it should be a lot more visible because it's easy to miss.

Oh having the src folder should be obvious to anyone that scripts. But I like organization in my projects, especially my fishing project having 30+ different files, so I like to sub folder things, for example:

-src

-core

-files

-walking

-files

-jobs

-walking

-files

-dropping

-files

-files

-utils

-files

But even though there in the source folder, the first two denies were because I had folders inside src, and not this:

-src

-file

-file

-file

-file

-file

-file

etc...

The required script structure seems so sloppy and unorganized, and I feel as most people who are familiar with scripting, especially with people going to school scripting(At least my teachers make me), would not package src>file unless you were writing a "Hello World!" application. But would mostly likely create a system of folders/subfolders for their project.

I believe I got it now.

But on topic, I'm not saying the way it's package it is the problem, I just feel there needs to be some type of guideline posted before you even post your script. So you don't have to sit in anticipation just to find out it's packaged wrong when you had no warning prior. The only instructions I got are Fisher > src (with NO OTHER FILES/FOLDERS) > java files Which can be taken in different ways, which is the reason I feel having a guideline would help clarify and even help out the script approval process.

Would it be a good idea to have an example repository set up? I'm just tossing around ideas at the moment since doing that would require at least some code (unless we just use blank files).

That actually would be a great idea! And using empty files would most likely be fine, being as it's not a scripting example, more or less a structure example. :)