[DENIED]Chat Restrictions

BotRS123

I am not sure what restrictions there are currently for the chat, but there should be a 50 post count requirement. The reason I say this is because every time the OSBot client goes down, it gets filled with leechers who spam the same question over and over. I am pretty sure you can figure out what question that is. No one ever looks at the forums for a thread that clearly explains what is going on. The place becomes a not as entertaining place to chill as it normally is.

I am not sure what restrictions there are currently for the chat, but there should be a 50 post count requirement. The reason I say this is because every time the OSBot client goes down, it gets filled with leechers who spam the same question over and over. I am pretty sure you can figure out what question that is. No one ever looks at the forums for a thread that clearly explains what is going on. The place becomes a not as entertaining place to chill as it normally is.

So then they will go spam forums.

So then they will go spam forums.

If they do that, they will get banned because they broke forum rules. Plus, it is less annoying if it was a thread.

• Administrator

This won't happen, there are no rules saying you can't ask for help, people do it 24/7. When the bot goes down of course your gonna get flooded, as there are going to be more people in there than usual. The forums go through this same thing, but we aren't going to ban them or remove them from the chat box.

• Like 1

This won't happen, there are no rules saying you can't ask for help, people do it 24/7. When the bot goes down of course your gonna get flooded, as there are going to be more people in there than usual. The forums go through this same thing, but we aren't going to ban them or remove them from the chat box.

I don't mind if they ask, but if every 3 chat messages are "is the bot down", "when will osbot be back", "how long has it been down for", etc, it gets pretty annoying. It'd be great if they checked the forums before asking the question, but they never do. If an active or sem-active members asks this question, I wouldn't mind, but people with less than 10 post counts asking this over and over is a whole different story. Even if it is a small restriction like 20 posts to keep leechers out, it would be good.

• Like 1

Or atleast make them not able to send a message in the chat.

Very good alternatives.

Let them view but not post until they retain 40 posts

Very good alternatives.

But then I wouldn't be able to chat... sad.png (at least at the time of posting this)

I am fine with 25 or 40 post requirements. I am also fine with VIP bypassing this restriction.

Or atleast make them not able to send a message in the chat.

Very good alternatives.

Let them view but not post until they retain 40 posts

Very good alternatives.

But then I wouldn't be able to chat... sad.png (at least at the time of posting this)

I am fine with 25 or 40 post requirements. I am also fine with VIP bypassing this restriction.