Staff Elections

Cinnamon

I think staff should be appointed by the community of OsBot in an election, and staff takes its position from majority vote. I don't know the eligibility to run would be, but just as the United States, Forum Administrators/Mods should only hold terms, or hold their position for certain amount of time until next elections roll around. Not to go into detail with term length, amount of terms ect., but just throwing an idea out there. 

I think staff being appointed by the admins is a little unfair because first of all @Maxi hasen't been around and @Zach doesn't play in the forums too much. As to what I hear @Laz is doing hard work on OsBot 2 at the moment. No hate to the current staff members because they're doing a fabulous job, and NO hate towards for singling him out (@Maldesto),  I don't think he's doing a bad job, but on the contrary not too many people are fond of his work. 

So its just us.

What do you, as the community, think?

key quote:

"as to what i hear"

very important quote as we all hear the same. 

get a quick update from an admin about osbot 2 then everyone thinks their working their arse off lol

just like when maxi made that post

everyone was like omfg!! i love you maxi!!

now everyones like where the fk is he

Edited by YoloSwag69420
  • Like 1

• Administrator

We have a great staff team at the moment, and your community vote would just be a bunch of trolls and no serious candidates. 

I haven't received one pm from anyone saying 

"hey, I know your not asking everyone, but look at "insert name here" for moderator, he is very helpful and knows what he is doing."

Its always new threads trolling in the spam section. How do you think the staff picks the team, they ask "how do you feel about ****** for global, or chat box" If its enough for yes we look further and maybe give them a chance. We don't just promote on who I think is the best, I ask the staff team. I would never just promote someone. I ask everyone what they think before making any decisions. Then we go through a trial period of watching over them.

Someone suggested someone the other night and within 5 minutes we started laughing because the guy was very helpful for a long time and never had one slip up and right after we mentioned him he went on a rampage.

• Like 2

Big decisions cannot be decided by the current Administration team alone. It is obvious they have trouble themselves in the area of making good choices.

Edit: When Super for the week, the lack of communication was obvious. I wouldn't know what was going on until it happened.

Edited by Smart
  • Like 2

We have a great staff team at the moment, and your community vote would just be a bunch of trolls and no serious candidates. 

I haven't received one pm from anyone saying 

"hey, I know your not asking everyone, but look at "insert name here" for moderator, he is very helpful and knows what he is doing."

Its always new threads trolling in the spam section. How do you think the staff picks the team, they ask "how do you feel about ****** for global, or chat box" If its enough for yes we look further and maybe give them a chance. We don't just promote on who I think is the best, I ask the staff team. I would never just promote someone. I ask everyone what they think before making any decisions. Then we go through a trial period of watching over them.

Someone suggested someone the other night and within 5 minutes we started laughing because the guy was very helpful for a long time and never had one slip up and right after we mentioned him he went on a rampage.

You know somethings wrong when the lead Community Manager knows that his community is full of trolls and people who don't take staff voting seriously. Lol

• Like 2