[DENIED]New Rule

Swaq

New rule?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Should the suggested rule be implemented?

• Agree
    • Disagree

It has come to my attention not recently but very long ago and has been upsetting me ALL the time. All you see is non-VIP members trying to sell accounts. Most of the time you see VIP+ buying accounts and then getting scammed by the seller recovering it. This has become a huge problem and disputes are being made about recovering scams quite frequently.

My suggestion is that a new rule be made : By permission of OSBot staff, account selling should be a priviledge to VIP+ ONLY

^By implementing this, you will have a lower risk of account buying/selling scams and you will see significant decreases in disputes.

Less disputes = more time for moderators to be actually moderating

If you either agree or disagree, please give your opinion because every opinion counts!

Thank you,

OfficialSwaq

Edited by OfficialSwaq

I don't think so. Depending on how cheap VIP is, someone could buy VIP scam, make a new account and buy VIP again and have left over money. What people need to do is just be more careful about who they trade with.

They will have a second thought; They have nothing to lose right now.

I'm not being a pet/whatever you call it , but this could benefit the site more as more income would come in (Hope this doesn't sound dumb)

I don't think so. Depending on how cheap VIP is, someone could buy VIP scam, make a new account and buy VIP again and have left over money. What people need to do is just be more careful about who they trade with.

They will have a second thought; They have nothing to lose right now.

I'm not being a pet/whatever you call it , but this could benefit the site more as more income would come in (Hope this doesn't sound dumb)

I wouldn't buy VIP just to use the market. I'd go to another site to trade if that was the case and I am sure many others would too. 

Edited by Unversable

it's already hard enough for new players too get feedback as people usually only go for trusted people to do there services (which they should tbh) but if you take out one part of the section to them it just decreases the chance of them getting feedback. I know what you are saying a lot of people are selling accounts to just recover it's annoying as hell. Maybe put a 10 feedback? At least it shows them doing some trades...

• Administrator

This won't happen, 10 dollars to sell a 70 dollar account get the 70 dollars and 2 months later recover it with a possible 10+ mill on the account to make another 25-30 + sell it again. This doesn't eliminate scamming, only slow it down(maybe), or make the scams even bigger because of people not wanting to pay 10.00 for something and lose it quickly. 

I know for a fact you can recover accounts if your the original owner, with no time table. I created an account within the first 3 months of Runescape, back in 2001. I quit that account back in the day. I recovered it the last day logged in was 2750+ days ago. No matter what the situation is, people can always scam back accounts. I don't like the selling accounts, but a market is a huge part of every community. No community would last with no market.