Rule Change

Speakmore

Rule Change  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Change the Trolling Rule to Certain Sections?

• Yes, change the rule.
    • No, don't change the rule.
    • Don't care either way.

I would like to request that a Rule be changed; More specifically the rule as far as trolling goes.

I'd like for it to not be enforced in certain areas of the forums, such as the Spam section, and maybe the Live Chat.

The reason I want this change is because if the forums is pretty much 100% business all the time, it's really no fun, and for someone like me who is on the forums 8+ hours a day, I want to be able to have some fun instead of seeing just the same old "HELP DA BOT NO WORK" threads and responding, or not responding to those.

To what degree is it allowed, I believe trolling should be allowed to the point where it gets offensive. If you start to use offensive terms/language, you'll get your comment removed and infracted for it or a suspension from the Live Chat. Sometimes you just have to let your inner kid out, no matter your age and have some fun. I just trolled for 4 hours straight and got punished for it pretty badly, to the point where one more strike and I'm not longer capable of accessing this forum, which all in all isn't the end of the world, but it's something I like to come on and be active on every day.

If you agree or disagree, please not only vote on the poll but post below with some response to your answer so that we could either get this rule changed or not changed.

I think some trolling is fun, I know I enjoy doing it, to the point where it isn't offensive.

Edit:

Not to call out names, but Peter has been getting bashed lately for I guess holding the rules right to the point. He is the most strict moderator I personally have ever seen, and it can be good or bad.

But when someone posts in the spam section and someone posts:

Chickens

You shouldn't be infracted, it makes no sense. We're in the spam section, the posts have no effect on your post count. Let the kids be the kids, and if you want to be mature, than you can step away from our posts or the topic.

Edited by Speakmore

Can't believe you guys think trolling is fun, as I staff member I accept trolling to be allowed in spam section, but never the Live Chat because it's a place to chill and relax.

At the end of the day its all harmless banter. However peoples opinions of fun is going to differ but as you see many enjoy it, to chill and relax people like to have a bit of a laugh.

At the end of the day its all harmless banter. However peoples opinions of fun is going to differ but as you see many enjoy it, to chill and relax people like to have a bit of a laugh.

People actually take trolling to the extend and then causes cyber bulling on the internet, which actually hurts someone and they actually don't realize.

Well, trolling is immature and that is why they have the current rule, I voted no to the rule change. I think if a new user joined the forums just trying to get affiliated and meet some new people, he will be very upset when he gets "trolled" and will label our community as bad/childish. Not having trolling allowed in the first place also will push away some people getting on the forums with only the intent to harass.

Just my personal opinion.