Graphic Designer Rank

Jordan

The following are suggestions for the graphic designer rank, along with what they are, and why they should be supported.

Graphic Designer Section - This would be only accessible to Graphic Designers and staff members.

• Staff can request work to be done in this section (Like PiPs, logo, etc) - The designers could all create their own version, and we pick the best one, or we can collaborate as designers and create one masterpiece
  • Designers can share PSDs - In the past when a designer has gone inactive it has become impossible to get new pips. By sharing PSD's we as designers can all have access to making perfect PiPs in little to no time
  • Collaborate - Designers and staff members can collaborate to find the best ways to improve artists, hold contents, and manage the graphic designers

Sectional Moderators - Giving Graphic Designers very minimal and basic powers in the Graphic Section only [suggested by @Jinx]

• Powers to - Move, edit, soft delete and lock threads
  • It is logical - Graphic designers know the way it should be used, and understand the graphic section. We know how to grow as artists, and can control and help the community.
Edited by Jason
  • Like 7

I'd like to see the creation of new images that are for OSBot to be public. When the Graphic Designers have all made their version of what they interpreted they needed to do, a poll would be made in Forum Support - Suggestions.. This would ensure that the best design for the Graphic created would be picked and we could congratulate the designer instead of the designer being 'behind the scenes'.

I'd like to see the creation of new images that are for OSBot to be public. When the Graphic Designers have all made their version of what they interpreted they needed to do, a poll would be made in Forum Support - Suggestions.. This would ensure that the best design for the Graphic created would be picked and we could congratulate the designer instead of the designer being 'behind the scenes'.

Well of course some sort of thread will be made to recognize the designer that was picked for that certain job.

But we don't want people who KNOW NOTHING about gfx to vote on something that will be official. 

Well of course some sort of thread will be made to recognize the designer that was picked for that certain job.

But we don't want people who KNOW NOTHING about gfx to vote on something that will be official. 

I suppose not however picking something that 'looks good' doesn't really require skill (if that's what's being looked for in the Graphic piece).

I suppose not however picking something that 'looks good' doesn't really require skill (if that's what's being looked for in the Graphic piece).

Have you seen what people vote for in the SOTW's? 

• Like 1

I don't really support either of these. There is a graphics section already and whatever gfx designers could do in that private section, they can do in the public section. If you don't want your work public, PM or use Skype. There is no point of giving gfx designers power since mods can already do that. It would be similar to giving official scripters power in the script related section; not really needed. That is just what I think.

Why would you need the power to delete and move threads? That is the duties of a moderator.

To move the threads that are meant for other subforums, that were put in lets say... requests. 

Delete for troll threads.

Lock for threads that went out of control

Removing posts, removing posts like; "10/10", "like", "i like it", etc.

We know this sub-forum more than anyone else, so it only makes sense. (I've seen troll threads from time to time in this section, yet the moderators don't delete/lock/move?)

I don't really support either of these. There is a graphics section already and whatever gfx designers could do in that private section, they can do in the public section. If you don't want your work public, PM or use Skype. There is no point of giving gfx designers power since mods can already do that. It would be similar to giving official scripters power in the script related section; not really needed. That is just what I think.

For one I don't want my PSDs public, and to combat your other questions, why don't we use skype for everything.

For one I don't want my PSDs public, and to combat your other questions, why don't we use skype for everything.

If you don't want things public, you can always PM people stuff. We shouldn't create a private area for a small group of people just because they want a place to post something privately unless it has immense value. For example, we have a private area for scripters because the whole site is about scripting/bots/etc; we have a private area for VIPs because they keep the site up and running; we have a private area for staffs (I assume) because they are the people that keep the site clean and under control. As cool as graphics are, having a private area is pointless. I am not saying we need to use Skype for everything, I am saying it is a way to keep things private similar to using instant messaging, email, PMs, etc. Hope this clears things up.

If you don't want things public, you can always PM people stuff. We shouldn't create a private area for a small group of people just because they want a place to post something privately unless it has immense value. For example, we have a private area for scripters because the whole site is about scripting/bots/etc; we have a private area for VIPs because they keep the site up and running; we have a private area for staffs (I assume) because they are the people that keep the site clean and under control. As cool as graphics are, having a private area is pointless. I am not saying we need to use Skype for everything, I am saying it is a way to keep things private similar to using instant messaging, email, PMs, etc. Hope this clears things up.

I don't see how anything I suggested hurts. It all helps. I don't know what else to say :s

I agree with this.

But I think it would be nice to see a private section just for the gfx designers so they can share their works.

I know all u said is to help the community, but you shouldn't have more power when you're a graphic designer..Mods can handle this.

Edited by Ball

I agree with this.

But I think it would be nice to see a private section just for the gfx designers so they can share their works.

I know all u said is to help the community, but you shouldn't have more power when you're a graphic designer..Mods can handle this.

We're taking care of our section... 

I agree with this.

We're taking care of our section... 

Oh,so u can only delete and move the threads in '' Graphics '' section? I dont see any problems

Edited by Ball