Disable Username Changing

YoHoJo

Very few forums even allow this feature for users, only in extreme cases do they allow username changes.

Your name is how people identify you, and the longer you are around the more background and meaning it has to it.

Allowing people to change their usernames creates a lot of confusion especially when it's upper members like Cortana who's now  and MasterChief who's now @Vigilante.

You can see that staff chaining their names like this can be confusing for users.

I also don't feel like it should be a sponsor perk either.

Your username is your username, it's what people know you by, it's how people refer to you, it's inked to you and all you've done. Pick one you like and stick with so people are able to identify you and know who you are.

• Like 1

I disagree totally. Username changing is great! If you aren't happy with the name you currently have, you could always change it. Incase you didnt know... 

http://prntscr.com/1tbbis

http://prntscr.com/1tbbkn

For every other service out there you pick one name, and you stick with it.

By now I'm sure everyone has a certain handle or name that they use and prefer everywhere.

I don't want to have to check the name history of every single person I care to look into and see their long line of names.

Having one name just links you to all of your actions, thoughts, and things you've done, it's what people know you by.

Maybe a once every 6 month change if you really want it or have a good reason to, but recently I've seen lots of name changes and it's just confusing. Find one you like and stick with it so people will easily be able to know who you are.

I don't mind name changes too much, but the people changing their name should have the decency to put their old name in their signature or something. Again, that's just a common sense/courtesy type of thing, but not something you can really force on people. The one thing I disagree with is Cortana being bought out and turning herself into a walking, talking advertisement... But hey, I guess if that's what she wants to do, more power to her.

I think you should be able to change your name. People still call me Master Chief. I'm changing my name back in a week or two anyway. But I like adding variety into my life tongue.png I don't see how it would cause confusion to a serious matter. It may confuse someone, but not to the point where they're risking anything. They should just go to someone's profile and check their name history if they are seriously confused. 

unless i swoop your name

Very few forums even allow this feature for users, only in extreme cases do they allow username changes.

Your name is how people identify you, and the longer you are around the more background and meaning it has to it.

Allowing people to change their usernames creates a lot of confusion especially when it's upper members like Cortana who's now and MasterChief who's now @Vigilante.

You can see that staff chaining their names like this can be confusing for users.

I also don't feel like it should be a sponsor perk either.

Your username is your username, it's what people know you by, it's how people refer to you, it's inked to you and all you've done. Pick one you like and stick with so people are able to identify you and know who you are.

I know that p****bot offers name changes