Future of OSBot

z10n

6 hours ago, Khaleesi said:

Nobody likes using forums, that's why discord exists 😉

I actually, massivly prefer forums, and dislike Discord.

Forums: High quality posts, last for years visibily.

Discord: spam messages, memes, then the message scroll up as new message are made, and old messages are almost never seen again.

Forums are vastly superior to discord in every way.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, z10n said:

Discord: spam messages, memes, then the message scroll up as new message are made, and old messages are almost never seen again.

High quality posts, made me giggle a bit :D
90% of the posts on this forum is: Trial plz?

• Sad 1

I agree, I personally prefer forums too over the social media instant reply but super low grade reply systems. I don't like people guessing the answers to questions, I just want the real answers or questions to clarify things. I like details though, not surface level answers, give me the why with it and I'm happy.

@z10n What all do you think osbot needs for updates? There's a few ideas I have that should be possible, but I haven't dev'ed my own client or anything quite yet so I can't really say if my concepts would work and don't really want to state them publicly for prying eyes to catch that could make the process harder. The only thing right now is a way to load the offline jar file for the game so I can modify it on top of the osbot injections, and also it should load much faster and more reliably. Right now I have a 60 sec timer between each instance to start since they seem to fail to load if started too quickly. It would be great if it would load cached files instead of grabbing live files every time. I'm roughly 70-90% success rate for starting the bots which isn't exactly great.

I've made I guess you could call it a client loader, very very early stages of a custom bot client effectively, and I have 100% successful startups and almost instant by loading a local copy of the jar file that I've been poking at some. I have some ideas I'm poking at, one is I want to reduce the cpu usage while the client is waiting for the login server reply for checking accounts for bans.

I'm hoping osbot supports this use case, but I suspect it doesn't and probably won't. I guess I'm outgrowing osbot effectively, just hate to have to recreate my bots from scratch with my own custom client that I'd have to maintain. I'm quite new to the process, so it's a slow learning curve, but I've poked at java byte code a bit in the past so I'm not completely new to the idea/concept.

I suspect a feature that a lot of people would like is a mobile based bot. I never looked into it to see if it's still java based or not, if it is then it should be somewhat easy to port over, if not then it's probably not so fun to mod.

• Like 1

On 11/22/2022 at 6:49 PM, mehorz said:

I agree, I personally prefer forums too over the social media instant reply but super low grade reply systems. I don't like people guessing the answers to questions, I just want the real answers or questions to clarify things. I like details though, not surface level answers, give me the why with it and I'm happy.

@z10n What all do you think osbot needs for updates? There's a few ideas I have that should be possible, but I haven't dev'ed my own client or anything quite yet so I can't really say if my concepts would work and don't really want to state them publicly for prying eyes to catch that could make the process harder. The only thing right now is a way to load the offline jar file for the game so I can modify it on top of the osbot injections, and also it should load much faster and more reliably. Right now I have a 60 sec timer between each instance to start since they seem to fail to load if started too quickly. It would be great if it would load cached files instead of grabbing live files every time. I'm roughly 70-90% success rate for starting the bots which isn't exactly great.

I've made I guess you could call it a client loader, very very early stages of a custom bot client effectively, and I have 100% successful startups and almost instant by loading a local copy of the jar file that I've been poking at some. I have some ideas I'm poking at, one is I want to reduce the cpu usage while the client is waiting for the login server reply for checking accounts for bans.

I'm hoping osbot supports this use case, but I suspect it doesn't and probably won't. I guess I'm outgrowing osbot effectively, just hate to have to recreate my bots from scratch with my own custom client that I'd have to maintain. I'm quite new to the process, so it's a slow learning curve, but I've poked at java byte code a bit in the past so I'm not completely new to the idea/concept.

I suspect a feature that a lot of people would like is a mobile based bot. I never looked into it to see if it's still java based or not, if it is then it should be somewhat easy to port over, if not then it's probably not so fun to mod.

1. Human Mouse movements.

2. Undetectable Client loading, this would probably mean a Computer Vision bot or Color Bot, or some undetectable Injection or Reflection method. To bypass Client detection.

22 hours ago, z10n said:

1. Human Mouse movements.

2. Undetectable Client loading, this would probably mean a Computer Vision bot or Color Bot, or some undetectable Injection or Reflection method. To bypass Client detection.

1. This is nearly irrelevant. Even if it did the only thing that would probably have an effect with the current system is the idles of mouse events after interacting with something.

2. This can be done with injection, recent stealth update should improve on this.

On 11/22/2022 at 1:30 PM, z10n said:

I think a combination of the two would be interesting. Forums could use more features, and discord needs a "history" section, or better yet, an option to have forum-style channels. 

19 hours ago, sototwlmlahdc said:

I think a combination of the two would be interesting. Forums could use more features, and discord needs a "history" section, or better yet, an option to have forum-style channels. 

I agree. I think forums should do both, instant reply similar to a community instant messenger where everything is lumped into one category effectively, and normal forum posts that ideally are high quality and no fluff/junk posts. Like guides and troubleshooting works great on a forum platform. Just chatting makes sense to be done in more the social media platform. Long ago a lot of cheating sites had a "shout box" on the main forum listing that helped to bridge the usage patterns to cover both. It wasn't perfect but it did alright. It was possible to make the shout box also act as notifications where it would say x person posted in y section. Of course the shout box was basically like a giant single social media post or IM, I suspect a similar setup to how social media is today and having the forum section would be a better match.

@Gunman I agree, jagex's detection methods aren't going to be so much on the client side, it will be more server based where it can't be tampered with. Anyone that has programmed client/server applications knows to never trust the client.

22 hours ago, mehorz said:

@Gunman I agree, jagex's detection methods aren't going to be so much on the client side, it will be more server based where it can't be tampered with. Anyone that has programmed client/server applications knows to never trust the client.

Client side will tell you what data they send. So you can speculate what they do with it. For example they send information about java version, cpu cores, max memory allocated to the client, os version etc and it's used in their detection system