How to start gold selling

Kramnik

Hi, just wanted to ask any tips on the topic.

Usually I sell my gold to big sites, but yesterday I got very bad service from Probemas so I thought maybe I should just start selling my gold myself on forums. Could deal with my own terms, get better prices etc.

Question is how you get rep without having much rep? If I start selling on sythe.org do I have to donate in order to be more realiable?

What are other good places to use to sell your gold?

1 minute ago, abc3 said:

I just message a dozen people on sythe discord and sell to whoever offers the best rate

I am thinking of being the one that people message not other way around :D I often sell on my country local bot forum, but rates usually are even lower than probemas. E.g. probemas atm buy for 0.32$/M, those buying for 0.31$/M and I messaged couple people from sythe so they offering 0.30-0.31 rate. Maybe not lucky, but they offer lower rate than Probemas itself. I am thinking if Probemas buy at 0.32 and sell at 0.44 I could just sell for 0.34$/M and it could be beneficial if end user would want to buy skipping higher prices from bigger site sellers.

3 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

I am thinking of being the one that people message not other way around :D I often sell on my country local bot forum, but rates usually are even lower than probemas. E.g. probemas atm buy for 0.32$/M, those buying for 0.31$/M and I messaged couple people from sythe so they offering 0.30-0.31 rate. Maybe not lucky, but they offer lower rate than Probemas itself. I am thinking if Probemas buy at 0.32 and sell at 0.44 I could just sell for 0.34$/M and it could be beneficial if end user would want to buy skipping higher prices from bigger site sellers.

If you are just selling the gold you are botting and not being a buyer and seller it's probably not worth the effort. For me it takes 5 minutes to sell my gold each week and it would be hours of work to become a reputable vendor. Dealing with customers, scam attempts, chargebacks, advertising, etc

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, abc3 said:

If you are just selling the gold you are botting and not being a buyer and seller it's probably not worth the effort. For me it takes 5 minutes to sell my gold each week and it would be hours of work to become a reputable vendor. Dealing with customers, scam attempts, chargebacks, advertising, etc

Yeah I get that, thats why those sellers got around 0.10$/M spreads for all that effort. I am just thinking of doing it lowkey. If most gold selling website sell gold atm for ~0.41$/M and buy ~0.305$/M it could be reasonable to sell my own gold for e.g. 0.33$/M with minimum of 500m or 1b to lower the effort so if someone want to take bigger amount of gold for good price it could do from me and not gold selling sites. Just don't know how to start doing it that someone would trust me in doing trades for such amounts :) 

3 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

Yeah I get that, thats why those sellers got around 0.10$/M spreads for all that effort. I am just thinking of doing it lowkey. If most gold selling website sell gold atm for ~0.41$/M and buy ~0.305$/M it could be reasonable to sell my own gold for e.g. 0.33$/M with minimum of 500m or 1b to lower the effort so if someone want to take bigger amount of gold for good price it could do from me and not gold selling sites. Just don't know how to start doing it that someone would trust me in doing trades for such amounts :) 

You can use a middle man, so you pay someone trusted to be escrow for the gold payment, until you build enough reputation