Scripts for complex game content

cpscripter

I notice that while the SDN has a fairly large collection of complex scripts, a lot of popular game content is missing. For example, a fight cave (1-63) script, a bandos boss script, phosani's nightmare, etc.).

Obviously these scripts could get extremely complex, lengthy, and time consuming to write. However, I am hesitant to believe that the scripts are impossible or too complex because there are other equally or more complex scripts on the SDN. Does anyone know or have some ideas as to why this is? Is it that there are scripting limitations that make some of these pieces of content impossible or otherwise just not worth scripting? If so, what are those limitations? Anyone who has or attempted to write such a complex script, any insight, things that made you give up, road blocks, etc.? Perhaps the script can become to convoluted to be deemed acceptable by SDN standards?

Thanks in advance for any input, I hope that it helps me and others understand limitations before diving into writing any large and complex scripts :) 

34 minutes ago, cpscripter said:

I notice that while the SDN has a fairly large collection of complex scripts, a lot of popular game content is missing. For example, a fight cave (1-63) script, a bandos boss script, phosani's nightmare, etc.).

Obviously these scripts could get extremely complex, lengthy, and time consuming to write. However, I am hesitant to believe that the scripts are impossible or too complex because there are other equally or more complex scripts on the SDN. Does anyone know or have some ideas as to why this is? Is it that there are scripting limitations that make some of these pieces of content impossible or otherwise just not worth scripting? If so, what are those limitations? Anyone who has or attempted to write such a complex script, any insight, things that made you give up, road blocks, etc.? Perhaps the script can become to convoluted to be deemed acceptable by SDN standards?

Thanks in advance for any input, I hope that it helps me and others understand limitations before diving into writing any large and complex scripts :) 

Generally most people aren't botting high end content such as bandos or phosani's. Its a lot easier to do lower requirement money makers on a lot of accounts than risking high end accounts for not the most reward. It's the same reason most people don't run vorkath cause if you get banned early you are losing the account which is worth well over $100.  It's also better to make it for people requesting it privately as you are making a specific script like bandos for one person where they list everything they want rather than a whole community who may have not only overlapping, but also contradicting requests for features.

29 minutes ago, cpscripter said:

a fight cave (1-63) script

That does exist/did exist, called Frost Caves and even did the Jade fight.

30 minutes ago, cpscripter said:

However, I am hesitant to believe that the scripts are impossible or too complex because there are other equally or more complex scripts on the SDN. Does anyone know or have some ideas as to why this is?

Normally it just comes down to getting the accounts to write the script, demand for such scripts, and whether or not they think their time investing into such a script would be worth it. And you if you ever get scripter rank there's a thread with a list of script suggestions like Calisto etc.

6 hours ago, OG Botter said:

A little off-topic but is there many people who do private scripts here? 

The private script section:

https://osbot.org/forum/forum/334-private-scripts/

I would think that private scripts are preferred for high-level content as realistically not that many people can fund the accounts to farm using this content, and normal users aren't going to risk their only main account.

More money (and peace of mind in terms of knowing exactly how many people are using the script) to sell to a single user or group of users on high-level content private scripts who can afford the higher price and to fund the accounts to utilise them.

That's what I would have thought, maybe there's another reason 

• Like 1