Why was I banned? Runelite?

HappyAngrySpades

The title says it all. First off, I hope everyone is having a good day. Second, nothing major because it’s a two day ban but I’d appreciate it if anyone could help me understand why I got a strike in the first place? It says “Bot busting moderate” and that I was macroing but as far as I know I’m not a bot and basic runelite was considered safe to use? I don’t have extra plugins or anything and this is my only account. No lie, I’ve clocked some heavy hours this past week (computer and mobile) trying to progress and earn a new bond (just used one and I’m poor) but is that the kind of thing that can get you perma banned for real? Any help is appreciated fam. I don’t wanna lose this 2-year account over bs.

I swear guys I only play the vanilla game which is why this is so baffling. I have never in my life used any kind of gameplay assist and all I’ve been doing is using runelite and my phone with the legit mobile app. I don’t want to lose the account if runelite was the issue but I really don’t know why it says I was botting. As I said this is my main and I’ve been playing osrs for a couple years now on it and I’m not sure how to continue forward if I don’t even know why I was banned. I don’t bot. I don’t want to lose the account. For real. I do not know what stealth injection is but I’ve heard ppl throw the term around when they talk about alts. I don’t have a single alternate account. Thank you for reading and responding btw. I thought this would be unseen or buried.

Tbh I posted here because I was googling if other ppl had similar issues and this came up as a suggestion so I thought posting could be helpful as it is unable to be appealed and contacting Jagex directly is hard. Like I said the 2 day ban isn’t too bad and I’m sure I can still make the gp before my bond runs out so I can buy another one but I have also been using runelite without changes for a while now. I did some recent wintertodt and turned off the entity thing so I didn’t see all the tons of ppl but that was a while back and I didn’t think it was illegal. 
for more context: I haven’t played in a while (a month and a half) but I already had a bond stored. I just activated it about 3 days ago and I’ve been playing a lot since I got laid off and am doing grass cutting rn. Clocked prolly 40+ hours in the recent 72 hours and I just finished tai bow wanna trio so I could do the diaries for Karamja. Gem mining was my plan. I will provide a screenshot if you all want to see it.

bro u came to the wrong place lol

you're upset you got temp banned for botting (and claim you don't bot)

i think your questions may be better answered by reddit detectives 😛 

^ but if you opt into that route, a jmod reply could easily out you for the rule you've broken; or fix your account.

thanks for stopping by :) 

10 hours ago, HappyAngrySpades said:

The title says it all. First off, I hope everyone is having a good day. Second, nothing major because it’s a two day ban but I’d appreciate it if anyone could help me understand why I got a strike in the first place? It says “Bot busting moderate” and that I was macroing but as far as I know I’m not a bot and basic runelite was considered safe to use? I don’t have extra plugins or anything and this is my only account. No lie, I’ve clocked some heavy hours this past week (computer and mobile) trying to progress and earn a new bond (just used one and I’m poor) but is that the kind of thing that can get you perma banned for real? Any help is appreciated fam. I don’t wanna lose this 2-year account over bs.

Have you ever ran bots on the same machine? Same IP address? Have you ever exchanged wealth between botted accounts and your main? Have you ever logged your main into a bot client with Stealth (not mirror)?

3 hours ago, HappyAngrySpades said:

I swear guys I only play the vanilla game which is why this is so baffling. I have never in my life used any kind of gameplay assist and all I’ve been doing is using runelite and my phone with the legit mobile app. I don’t want to lose the account if runelite was the issue but I really don’t know why it says I was botting. As I said this is my main and I’ve been playing osrs for a couple years now on it and I’m not sure how to continue forward if I don’t even know why I was banned. I don’t bot. I don’t want to lose the account. For real. I do not know what stealth injection is but I’ve heard ppl throw the term around when they talk about alts. I don’t have a single alternate account. Thank you for reading and responding btw. I thought this would be unseen or buried.

My friend got slapped with a perma-ban on his account while training construction.  He was doing it by hand.  It's not unheard of.  At least you still have your account!

I bot, my friend doesn't.  We're friends irl.  He knows I bot and buy rsgp, so he would probably tell me if he did.

6 hours ago, HappyAngrySpades said:

Tbh I posted here because I was googling if other ppl had similar issues and this came up as a suggestion so I thought posting could be helpful as it is unable to be appealed and contacting Jagex directly is hard. Like I said the 2 day ban isn’t too bad and I’m sure I can still make the gp before my bond runs out so I can buy another one but I have also been using runelite without changes for a while now. I did some recent wintertodt and turned off the entity thing so I didn’t see all the tons of ppl but that was a while back and I didn’t think it was illegal. 
for more context: I haven’t played in a while (a month and a half) but I already had a bond stored. I just activated it about 3 days ago and I’ve been playing a lot since I got laid off and am doing grass cutting rn. Clocked prolly 40+ hours in the recent 72 hours and I just finished tai bow wanna trio so I could do the diaries for Karamja. Gem mining was my plan. I will provide a screenshot if you all want to see it.

the r/2007scape on reddit is a much larger runescape community to reach out to

I think I am going to take you guys up on your advice to visit the reddit and try to see if anyone else is havin similar problems. @anothermerman I am sorry to hear that. I’m trying to avoid a similar situation and I somewhat understand how it must’ve felt to have the progress stripped away. Again I thank you all for your insight and help and I will still be regularly checking in for a time to see if anyone has added to the conversation or is requesting more information about the matter. I wish you all the best and good luck on your various journeys through life (and osrs)!! Thank you again

Edited by HappyAngrySpades

2 hours ago, anothermerman said:

My friend got slapped with a perma-ban on his account while training construction.  He was doing it by hand.  It's not unheard of.  At least you still have your account!

I bot, my friend doesn't.  We're friends irl.  He knows I bot and buy rsgp, so he would probably tell me if he did.

That’s rough man. It’s encouraging to know that I’m not alone in this but it’s disparaging to know that someone else has gone/ is going through this as well. I really don’t want to quit osrs as I’ve been working towards the long term goal of maxing every skill on the same last day before I officially close the chapter in my life and I really enjoy it in my downtime, but this is kinda making me more unsure of the goal. I’ve been playing runescape since I was a kid off and on and still never had a single 99. My cooking is 98 for example and I still won’t max it lol. I hate to be a whiny bi*+h about it but I don’t think I have it in me to restart this journey from scratch. I really don’t want that perma ban and I still want to earn what I get. Losing it all would just make me bitter. :( Again, thank you for reading. Any insight is much appreciated.