What are the best ways you have found to avoid the detection system?

CheckingItOut

a few things that have worked for me:

-not botting too efficiently or for very long bot/break times in the beginning on a fresh account.  
-switching up tasks and incorporate quests, even when not needed. 
-set hard limits for the bot to stop such as x amount of time or x skill level. 

Most important—get a bunch of accounts banned and document your process as you go. You will learn exactly what to avoid moving forward.  

goodluck!

• Like 2

Changing up what skills you bot, not going from tutorial island to playing 23 hours every day, i think its ok to play a lot but you gotta change up what you're doing if you decide to bot a lot. Also if your script messes up that will get you banned quick so vet the script first. Lastly I would say just be prepared to get banned, its going to happen sometimes so only bot accounts you don't care about. 

Edited by uncledude00
  • Like 1

I macro and dont use a bot client but i'm assuming this theory still stands. I limit each session to around 2 hours, or sub 1 hour for 'high ban rate' activities like rooftop agil. And do several sessions per day, with gaps in between. My only ban ever was with my python fletching macro (alternate ahk) that I accidentally ran for like 6 hours overnight. I derped and set the loop amount wrong so that it went super long instead of around 2 hours. I then used it again on another character that had some membership time left and got to like 97 fletching no ban before its membership ended. so I'm assuming the macro is good and it was the session length.

And it makes sense. Jag cant thoroughly scan every accounts actions for patterns etc. It would take too much processing power. But if an account is flagged as possibly a bot from a long session of repetitive action, it could be looked into more by stronger detection, and find patterns or something that decides your a bot.

• 3 months later...
On 7/22/2021 at 11:47 PM, CheckingItOut said:

From your personal experience, what are some things you have found to help?  

Botting under 10 hours a day, sometimes more on weekends.

Have sufficient break times, I usually break from 5-20 mins every 40-60 mins.

I try and do multiple things in one session, such as combat and some skilling.

Avoid free scripts.

Only purchase from respected scripters.

Securely making your accounts, not botting tutorial island and also letting them rest after a lot of botting.

I also try and simulate sleep patterns and not bot crazy hours.

• Like 1