Botting Questions

JohnsSmith

Hello guys. I'm new to botting and I want to know if it's safe to bot on the same network/IP address as my main while not utilizing VPNs or proxies. I'm running my 4 bots on a separate pc from my main. My main also had a 1 day minor ban back in 2017 (quashed/expired now)..

Should I be using VPNs/proxies? My budget is pretty low for expensive services. What do you guys recommend?

16 minutes ago, Mancubus said:

Tbh, depending on your goals you will not get very far if you have a low budget for botting in general. You need to invest to make it work alot of the time.

That being said I would not bot on the same IP of any account that you care about and don't wanna lose. Better safe than sorry.

Would botting on a separate network use a different IP address than my main from my own network? My neighbor allow me to use their wifi and they don't play rs.

I dont know if you have a unlimited data pack on your mobile phone ? If so, you can use that internet connection to have a dynamic ip adress that you can use seperately from your home ip for no extra cost :) 

The most people i spoke about this issue told me that it is not likely that your main will be banned if you really play legit on it and dont mule money from your bots into your main account. 

If you really want to be serious about botting you could try to get a residential proxy which are more likely to not be used by massive farms, good luck either way :) 

Edit: Just saw that you said you could use your neighbors wifi network, that would be awesome to do if you want to create multiple bots to make it less likely to get chain banned ! If you also have a unlimited dataplan you would have 3 different kinds of networks you can use for different kind of botting if you like :) 

Edited by Dutchsmoker420

9 hours ago, Mancubus said:

Tbh, depending on your goals you will not get very far if you have a low budget for botting in general. You need to invest to make it work alot of the time.

That being said I would not bot on the same IP of any account that you care about and don't wanna lose. Better safe than sorry.

@JohnsSmithdisregard what Mancubus said.

There's no evidence to support the crap he saying.

You can bot with 0 as a budget. And find amazing success to expand. Exactly what I did. I now confidently make hundreds of M a week. Aswell as sell accounts. And don't invest any personal income into botting (Excluding VIP, but that's usually paid for by selling gold each month)

You just have to start from the bottom and work to the top.

As for botting on the Same IP as your main. Shouldn't be an issue considering they're on a difference machine. As long as none of your accounts are banned for RWT (resulting in a chain ban) you will be fine.

Proxies/VPNs can help have bans quashed. I've got accounts with between. 5-8 bans quashed. All being perm bans.

Please don't listen to people who are ill experienced or lack knowledge.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2021 at 1:25 AM, Wishy said:

You can bot with 0 as a budget. And find amazing success to expand. Exactly what I did. I now confidently make hundreds of M a week. Aswell as sell accounts. And don't invest any personal income into botting (Excluding VIP, but that's usually paid for by selling gold each month)

As for botting on the Same IP as your main. Shouldn't be an issue considering they're on a difference machine. As long as none of your accounts are banned for RWT (resulting in a chain ban) you will be fine.

Proxies/VPNs can help have bans quashed. I've got accounts with between. 5-8 bans quashed. All being perm bans.

Geez I was just telling him what I personally would or wouldn't do. In my experience it took a reasonable budget, in yours it didn't. Good for you. No need to call someones comment "crap".

On 7/20/2021 at 7:25 PM, Wishy said:

So on that note, do you have any major tips for avoiding bans?

Is there some sort of compiled knowledge somewhere of what we assume jagex uses to detect bots?

18 hours ago, AssertVoid said:

So on that note, do you have any major tips for avoiding bans?

Is there some sort of compiled knowledge somewhere of what we assume jagex uses to detect bots?

I have been botting for a very long time and have successfully gotten to total levels of 1600 by just botting and minimal gameplay. Though not a great achievement, its a nice milestone and I know there are better experienced botters out there but here are my 2 cents. 

My tips would be for beginners is:

1. Get ready to get banned several times before you find a certain thing you can bot safely, by this I mean through the hours and hours of time spent on trying to figure out how not to get banned, you figure out certain things that are less likely to get you banned. To name a few, I'd say stay away from woodcutting/hunting/agility or just general resource gathering skills used for bot farming gold. I dont mean dont bot them, I just mean bot way less and more infrequently and sporadically then having a systematic approach.

2. Always use mirror-mode - stealth is easily picked up, and mirror mode actually lessens the rate by a lot.

3. Instanced activities are generally safer - to name a few I'd say NMZ, etc. 

4. try not to make ur botting activities systematic. By this I mean dont bot or assign things in certains hours and don't create a system that you have to bot x and y hours. The more you randomize your botting activities and change between activities the less you get banned. To get a better understanding you can read up upon how botting clients are detected and what behaviours cause them to be also.

5. Always check forum posts of scripts before running them for long hours, people tend to give feedback and vent on forums about how long a script ran, how well it ran and generally going through it can tell you how the script is doing in its current state, etc. 

6. always change IP after a ban. 

7. Be aware of jagex hours and how bans are rolled. There are 2 types of ban, 2 days ban are generally done manually and it means a mod spotted your account botting or went through it and deemed it as a botted account ( correct me if I'm wrong ), this for me could mean many things that I was caught in the act and maybe I should lessen my time there or find another spot thats less checked etc. Through playing rsps and coding them I believe mods generally scout areas for bots and do manual temp bans while being invisible. So I'd say if you find a spot or thing thats bottable, adding a extra layer would be to have that spot being unknown or very less visited. As this means you recieve less reports as well. 

Feel free to ask if you have any questions.

Edited by nimby