New addition to Jagex TOS

kisamezx

I'm also quite interested in how this could effect ban rates. I do a lot of mouse recording, ahk bots, etc. Currently hardest to detect lowest ban rate things if done right in my opinion. but if they can now detect these things a lot is going to change. I'm wondering if anyone here who knows more about how this stuff works on the technical end has an input as to why or why not the change will matter.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kramnik said:

I also think people overthink. Maybe it just something they seen as a need to disclose. It would simply be OP and maybe illegal if they could do that to the fulliest. Like check if you got osbot.jar on your PC etc.

I’m sure they would have to disclose with it being GDPR (data protection act) as to what information they hold on you if you request it. As such they in theory would need to disclose what files they have access to. At my workplace if someone requests information we have to go through all our certificates in which the consumer has requested for as well as banking details and any other information associated with said client. However I don’t know how far of an inquest it would go in terms of this. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2021 at 8:21 PM, Kramnik said:

I also think people overthink. Maybe it just something they seen as a need to disclose. It would simply be OP and maybe illegal if they could do that to the fulliest. Like check if you got osbot.jar on your PC etc.

they do this with other games now so its not illagal if they have it in the ToS and if your playing there games you have accepted there ToS so they would be doing naff all wrong. but with that being said there is ways around that as people made hacks for valorant and that has ring O anti-cheat and other games that do the same but not as deep have all so been hacked and spoofed so its not imposable just means a lot of work.

36 minutes ago, manko said:

but with that being said there is ways around that as people made hacks for valorant and that has ring O anti-cheat

Funny thing about that is someone switched a dll in CSGO files so when they launched CSGO it would inject the cheat into Valorant. I've heard people doing similar things with OBS hooking as well with other games.