Risks of buying gold?

tstudent

I was considering buying gold and unsure of how risky it would be to buy it and have it transferred to a side account then trade it over.

1. How long should I wait before trading it to my main?

2. Are there any high risk thresholds I shouldn't hit. For example should I avoid buying over a bil at a time?

3. Is there a chance Jagex bans all accounts on my IP?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by tstudent
:)

7 hours ago, tstudent said:

1. How long do you suggest I wait before buying another 400-500m increment?

2. If I were to do a risky trade on an alt account under the same IP is my main at risk?

400-500 is quite a bit. Maybe cut it down to <100m per 2-4 weeks if it's an account you really care about. Just make it seem like you're a casual gold purchaser. 

And no, your alt account's activity will not affect your main in any way even under the same IP.

I have had plenty of experience over the years, trading both on this website and others and have not really seen any issues.

One thing I can say is back in 2013 when I first started this forum, you literally never saw bans, and literally never saw bot bans either so it was pretty simple. Of course the rule of thumb would be not to use a level 3, always use aged accounts etc.

As someone who does still actively trade gold all the time, hundreds of mills/few bill a week averagely dependent on the given week. I have not personally used anything but my mules of which have had membership previously, and do have some stats and such. 

It's hard to say but one thing I have learned over the years other than don't use new/level 3 accounts is to also junk trade, ive traded up to 1-3B at any given time and never had an issue.

On 7/8/2021 at 5:47 PM, Coin4Coin said:

Yeah RWT bans are rare but increasing I’m afraid…

Best not to trade more then 4-500M at a time and you should be okay 👍 

On 7/8/2021 at 8:27 PM, Sky said:

buying/selling in increments of 20-500m for years, no ban.

Anecdotal but pretty common result. I barely know even any goldfarmers who have RWT hits but if they do they usually do infernals too. 

If I was going to a buy a couple bil how long do you think I should wait in between buying each increment?

• Heart 1

All this is anecdotal but from my experience my main got banned after 1 trade of 600M when previous it had traded/received probably 3B + 

If you trade to a mule then the account you want it on I don't think you'll have any issues but personally I wouldn't leave more than 20M on an account I know had traded other mules/had muled trades itself/ botted etc...

I'd suggest looking at this guide :)

39 minutes ago, Coin4Coin said:

All this is anecdotal but from my experience my main got banned after 1 trade of 600M when previous it had traded/received probably 3B + 

If you trade to a mule then the account you want it on I don't think you'll have any issues but personally I wouldn't leave more than 20M on an account I know had traded other mules/had muled trades itself/ botted etc...

I'd suggest looking at this guide :)

hmmm do plans work. For instance the sellers pretends to do a massive giveaway or something of that nature? Also, how long should I leave coins on a mule for before transferring them to my main?

6 minutes ago, Coin4Coin said:

Not sure what you mean here…

As for how long to wait from getting gold on mule to trade to main you shouldn’t have to wait just trade it over 😀

that's what I meant lol. So in that situation it won't be the main at risk it would be the mule correct? Also, would it be safer to have a mule or get the gold directly from the seller if the seller is a buddy with a near max account?

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, tstudent said:

that's what I meant lol. So in that situation it won't be the main at risk it would be the mule correct? Also, would it be safer to have a mule or get the gold directly from the seller if the seller is a buddy with a near max account?

Yeah I mean Jagex can definitely see the chain on trades but yeah this would isolate your main better then trading directly to it 😉 It just comes down to personal preference tbh... if you're constantly getting RWT bans and trading/muling Billions of gold per day/week then more steps have to be n place, but for casual >500M trades not too often you should be generally okay