Evaded first, majorly noticed, Ban Wave

FratbroWilliam

Still fairly new here, hoping this is the correct board. Haven't been botting too aggressively on my development account. However, at this point more of my Total Experience on that account is botted than not. Recently I have noticed talk of a miniNuke coming down and am feeling more confident after seeing my scripts, which I feel are relatively slipshod, not result in an immediate ban-hammer.  

Not up to a significant enough scale for RWT, it's quite possible that my account is flagged but was ignored this round; purely speculation of course, but it would make a lot of sense to allow an evolving bot to be observed to make it easier to use heuristics to begin fingerprinting various iterations of a script... I might switch to using a new account to test each new iteration of all of my scripts and avoid overlapping- but I am probably overthinking it, right?

mouse-and-cat-x.jpg

Sounds like overkill. I have a test account that I’ve bought dozens of bonds for that continuously stands still and does nothing but log back in sometimes for hours on end. In one instance I fell asleep and woke up 8 hours later to the test account in the same position doing nothing. That is on top of the hundreds of individual tasks and bug-ridden code I’ve executed. Not to mention the dozens of money making accounts I’ve had banned on the same IP over the last year or two.

My opinion may be bias, but the more profit your account makes the higher the incentive for Jagex to ban you. If the account isn’t profitable or running a profitable task then they seem to be more lenient. Test away on your development account.

Yeah, it kinda seemed like overkill; especially seeing the countless accounts which clearly are bots that just don't get banned. Bias and anecdotal evidence are fine, it's all that I have for the time being. I think my plan going forward is to use my test-account as is and try to not run money-makers on it extensively outside whatever it would need to fund itself anyway. Try to have it just masquerade as a typical "working-class" player. Hearing that a testAccount survived being afk in place for over 6hrs is pretty funny honestly.

19 hours ago, uncledude00 said:

Thats exactly what I do. Make new accounts specifically for testing 1 script and if it gets 2 day then throw it away. I wouldn't bond though, buy membership codes. Its alot cheaper than bonding and you aren't supporting jagex. If you want to know where i get my codes let me know. 

I personally am curious to know good sites for obtaining cheap membership. Care to share?

3 hours ago, Anakim said:

I personally am curious to know good sites for obtaining cheap membership. Care to share?

I buy them from a user on here called get taxed https://osbot.org/forum/profile/288812-get-taxed/ 2 dollars per code ( 1 code is 16 days membership). If you buy some from him tell him I sent you 👌

I wouldn't worry too much about ban waves, my only ban was from accidentally running my fletch macro for 6 hours overnight (I normally do segments of 2 hours ish for everything) and I woke up to the ban.

On 7/10/2021 at 11:22 PM, uncledude00 said:

I buy them from a user on here called get taxed https://osbot.org/forum/profile/288812-get-taxed/ 2 dollars per code ( 1 code is 16 days membership). If you buy some from him tell him I sent you 👌

Could using fishy membership codes have increased ban chance? I feel like normal players dont use them haha.

4 hours ago, Hernandez2000 said:

I wouldn't worry too much about ban waves, my only ban was from accidentally running my fletch macro for 6 hours overnight (I normally do segments of 2 hours ish for everything) and I woke up to the ban.

Could using fishy membership codes have increased ban chance? I feel like normal players dont use them haha.

I don't think they are fishy, you can still use them and play legit. I don't think they would ban you based on your payment method as long as you aren't using stolen credit cards or something. For what its worth all of the codes Ive gotten from him work 100% of the time. If youre getting banned you're probably botting too much or not changing up your tasks enough. 

• Like 2