First ban

UltimateBroker

Hi

I am quite new to this botting although I played RS in the early days with some mouse clicker software. I was mainly botting agility since that was extremely boring (and easy to bot).

Well, I must say I am impressed by the OSbot API and all that I have achieved with it in a couple of weeks. Its fun to program and quite easy to get going. Total botting time on the first (bot) account is probably less than 4 hours over these two weeks... most of the time I was programming and improving the script.

Today I wanted to do a few quests. I wanted to do them manually because its kind of fun. And one needs a few quest points to be able to sell things. A few minutes after the first quest I was banned permanently.

So why was I banned? 

Well, yesterday I tried one of the free scripts for mining. It was a total disaster and didn't work well at all. So total botting time on that was probably less than 15 minutes. Still I would think that this is a well known script that Jagex have trained their system on. It may have flagged me.

My (evolving) script was also updated yesterday to include chopping wood and setting them on fire. That is not a very mixed way to bot, so I added banking (of some logs) once in a while. Still, while developing it I could have made the mistake of doing things too many times. I got to level 30 woodcutting in maybe 1 hour...

Third possible mistake was to streamline my code. Originally all was a heap of unreadable if-statements which I improved by using a bunch of switch-case statements. The result was code that actually started doing things the way I originally though... and everything became much less random. Experience per hour went way up... probably too much. 

So what was it? I don't know, but doing things too fast and using free scripts are probably a straight way to bot hell. It also feels a little disappointing that it was banned so quickly, but most stats were already above level 20 and cooking was 46. Remembering the old days, it would have taken me months to get there, so I would think that fast-botting is the primary culprit here.

Anyway.. I will continue this thing. Its fun, its rewarding and after being banned... I just have to prove for myself that I can make something that survives for a few more weeks. Two weeks is not good enough. 😝

41 minutes ago, UltimateBroker said:

Hi

I am quite new to this botting although I played RS in the early days with some mouse clicker software. I was mainly botting agility since that was extremely boring (and easy to bot).

Well, I must say I am impressed by the OSbot API and all that I have achieved with it in a couple of weeks. Its fun to program and quite easy to get going. Total botting time on the first (bot) account is probably less than 4 hours over these two weeks... most of the time I was programming and improving the script.

Today I wanted to do a few quests. I wanted to do them manually because its kind of fun. And one needs a few quest points to be able to sell things. A few minutes after the first quest I was banned permanently.

So why was I banned? 

Well, yesterday I tried one of the free scripts for mining. It was a total disaster and didn't work well at all. So total botting time on that was probably less than 15 minutes. Still I would think that this is a well known script that Jagex have trained their system on. It may have flagged me.

My (evolving) script was also updated yesterday to include chopping wood and setting them on fire. That is not a very mixed way to bot, so I added banking (of some logs) once in a while. Still, while developing it I could have made the mistake of doing things too many times. I got to level 30 woodcutting in maybe 1 hour...

Third possible mistake was to streamline my code. Originally all was a heap of unreadable if-statements which I improved by using a bunch of switch-case statements. The result was code that actually started doing things the way I originally though... and everything became much less random. Experience per hour went way up... probably too much. 

So what was it? I don't know, but doing things too fast and using free scripts are probably a straight way to bot hell. It also feels a little disappointing that it was banned so quickly, but most stats were already above level 20 and cooking was 46. Remembering the old days, it would have taken me months to get there, so I would think that fast-botting is the primary culprit here.

Anyway.. I will continue this thing. Its fun, its rewarding and after being banned... I just have to prove for myself that I can make something that survives for a few more weeks. Two weeks is not good enough. 😝

If you aren't throwaway botting I recommend mirror mode (and if you aren't using the computer or using a VPS even use hardware mouse), but as a rule I've found that scripts with less input (i.e. no banking, no burying, shift dropping, etc) tend to have lower banrates as well as those that are situated in P2P areas.  The AFK training methods tend to be the least banned in my experience too, I've almost got max combats in a month botting sporadically with no trouble, some days up to 20 hours

• 3 weeks later...