Script writing/testing

aeikonic

Just wondering how you guys test your scripts while writing them... do you do it just on your regular PC without proxy or anything or do you do it like in a VM with proxy enabled? By testing I just mean getting something up and running like a minimum viable script code before any refactoring. Just curious what most people do

I'll take a testing account with proxy (but mainly all accounts that I use, I use with proxy) and test them on my own PC. Now when it comes to coding itself, depends on what I am trying to do. I am nowhere near expert level in coding, but writing some scripts I feel very comfortable with it, so I'll pretty much write whole script first then go to testing to remove any bugs or make improvements. And if I am testing something new, API method or just trying to code activity I never did before I tend to script in smaller chunks and test them often :) 

5 hours ago, Camaro said:

When I use mirror mode, I just run them on my computer with no proxy. As long as you don't run for hours on end, you shouldn't get banned.

If I use injection, I'll run them on a vm with a proxy to make sure nothing can be linked to my "clean" account, but that's just me being paranoid.

This