just some question

Frohst Biten

I have essentially botted since the release day of osrs to around 2018 and here are my thoughts. After going through school and knowing one or two things about programming here's my question:

I vaguely remember a Thursday dev stream (prob like 2016/17) where one of the mods mentioned something about the bot watch software and how they weren't even utilizing it for osrs. After seeing some data here a few years back comparing the pseudo-randomness used by these bot scripts compared to a human player, lets say chopping trees, the pseudo-random algorithms would produce mouse movements that were SIGNIFICANTLY different/detectable than a human subject (people playing osrs are more bot like than you would think). While this might have just been some sort of fever dream, I can also explicitly recall them saying something along the lines of "Even with a different IP and account (and whatever else they use to track data), we could still determine who you are based on user inputs"

Does anyone else have a memory of this? or am I wrong? I really hope I'm wrong.

Let us for a minute assume we had a database with all of the users connected to the internet right now. We have live data including:

- Mouse movements (Mouse cords on a 2d array every x units of time)

- Keystrokes, and the time in-between each keystroke

- All strings typed/pasted

- Website Cookies

- Historical IP address data (since this can technically change a lot)

and all other collectable data that I am leaving out XD

I mean, sheesh. Seems like you could do a lot with that. 

Idk, maybe i'm too drunk to ask this but I have unironically thought about this for a long time now, given significantly more resources, time, and less of a conscious, this should theoretically be possible. 

Edited by Frohst Biten

23 hours ago, Frohst Biten said:

"Even with a different IP and account (and whatever else they use to track data), we could still determine who you are based on user inputs"

I do remember hearing something along those lines, but if this were the case, every bot would be banned. Using multiple scripts with different mouse patterns should get you banned almost instantly if this were the case.

I'd bet that mouse data dose have something to do with bot detection, but I doubt that it's this advanced. Either way, if they were able to do that, they're not making use of it haha

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lunar said:

I do remember hearing something along those lines, but if this were the case, every bot would be banned. Using multiple scripts with different mouse patterns should get you banned almost instantly if this were the case.

I'd bet that mouse data dose have something to do with bot detection, but I doubt that it's this advanced. Either way, if they were able to do that, they're not making use of it haha

True, historically speaking they do cap A LOT about how "good" their bot detection is.

I remember in their 2012 bot nuke claiming to have advanced their software, when realistically they just got inside info from an admin from a botting site XD