Anyone learning scripts wanna learn together with me?

EgoLiberation

1 hour ago, Psybration said:

Yes I had the same thought as you, it does seem stupid and I asked people if this was true but they said chain bans are a myth and as long as your're not botting on more than 20+ accounts at the same time you're good to use your home-ip, Currently trying to see if this is true or not, if I do get chain banned on my accounts I will switch over to indiviudal proxies on each account.

I tend to rely on information that has actual citations behind it. Unless someone can provide definitive proof that 'chains bans are a myth' you should be using caution and not making it so blatantly easy that a quick regex expression wouldn't pull up x amount of accounts made by the same person. We don't know what system Jagex has and if you google "Chain ban" there are results that show people have been chain banned so I don't know about that one.

I just feel if you're learning, you should be learning good methods.

Edited by b0tscape
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, b0tscape said:

I tend to rely on information that has actual citations behind it. Unless someone can provide definitive proof that 'chains bans are a myth' you should be using caution and not making it so blatantly easy that a quick regex expression wouldn't pull up x amount of accounts made by the same person. We don't know what system Jagex has and if you google "Chain ban" there are results that show people have been chain banned so I don't know about that one.

I just feel if you're learning, you should be learning good methods.

When it comes to botting there is no proof at all behind any method, so it all comes down to trial and error and seeing what works and what doesn't. Some people use proxies, some don't. Some people can bot for really long times while others get banned etc.

20 hours ago, Gloss said:

I wanna learn with you guys too. We can report back here and keep the conversation going.

How are you guys creating accounts? I'm currently trying to figure out what method I can use to create gmail and osrs accounts. Any ideas?

hey Gloss. You can add me on discord egoliberation#3089 Im gonna create a group DM that has everyone that added me on discord from this post.

On 3/29/2021 at 9:11 PM, Techrlz said:

Me too, lets learn together.

add me on discord! ego liberation#3089

• Like 1

On 4/5/2021 at 4:06 PM, EgoLiberation said:

hey Gloss. You can add me on discord egoliberation#3089 Im gonna create a group DM that has everyone that added me on discord from this post.

add me on discord! ego liberation#3089

Thanks. I move a little slower with this than most likely due to working full time plus night classes, just a lot on my plate right now.

I've been working on an instagram bot to practice my coding skills, albeit that's in python, I believe most of these bots are made with Javascript - no matter, coding experience bleeds into other languages.

I'm currently still in the phase of research. Learning about creating incognito accounts and setting up a physical infrastructure. I've got an openstack cloud server that I can dedicate some resources for to spin up a VPS, or a couple VPS' with individual VPNs. I'm also VERY curious as to how some of the botting clients actually interact with the game. Out of everything I know, this is the most limited of my knowledge.

For me, I know bans will happen. But I'd like to create something big, not something suicid-ey. I'll use my experience with networking & security to my advantage to avoid detection. I actually understand that MAC addresses and IP's actually do play a large role in detection and chain bans, as well as account creation date + names.

I mean seriously....If you create 10 accounts within 5 minutes of each other, all with the same gmail account +1, all on the same machine/MAC address, all using your own home internet IP that you actually play runescape on on your main.....it's just going to be a yikes from me dawg. That's the easiest ban I've ever seen in my life, plus your main is going to get nicked as well! Need to understand the fundamentals of how IT systems operate, then you can abuse them.

My GF asked me one time about hacking....I said lol sweety, I know some things, but I would NEVER dare to abuse my knowledge because what I know is limited. If you want to hack, for example, (Or botting, it can also be looked at as hacking....hacking the system) you better be damn sure you're better and more skilled than the person whom you're attacking, or they will find you. If you want to set up a bot-farm that's meaningful, you better come correct or Jagex is gonna find you. You need to be better than they are, and that's tough, because they have a whole team of skilled individuals working on these projects.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...